Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Ordering Nav 2 & Europe maps
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Ordering Nav 2 & Europe maps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buffy Beagle
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Ordering Nav 2 & Europe maps Reply with quote

I was requesting the free update to Navigator 2 when I noticed that there is postage to pay, and so decided to order the full set of europe CDs at the same time to avoid paying postage twice, but there is absolutely no mention of the whole of europe CD package on their site. Even if they are out of stock, surely they would still want people to order/pay for them? Are they available anywhere else or is it better to get the maps from TomTom in order to qualify/simplify getting free upgrades later? Thanks. Buffy :0)

In case any of you are still waiting for a reply from TomTom, the following is posted on their site at the moment: "Important Notice: Due to some technical problems that have occurred Wednesday morning (from 03:30 until 12:00) it turns out that support requests that we're submitted to TomTom have not been able to reach us. If you have submitted a request to our customer service department in this time frame we kindly request that you resubmit your question. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. TomTom Support"

TonyP
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Ordering Nav 2 & Europe maps Reply with quote

I tried to order them too, but TT have withdrawn them from their site because of "overwhelming demand"

I havent found them anywhere else either.

Because I often travel outside of my home country, Belgium, I can't install TTN2 until I have the new European maps, since TTN2 is not compatible with the old maps.

It seems that TT always require you to send the original CD back in order to get an upgrade, so it doesn't matter where you buy the maps from.

There were serious problems with the early V1.x versions of the Benelux, France and German maps, so it seems quite likely that you will have to send one or more CDs back. The V2 Sweden maps assume the Swedes still drive on the left.

On the first Benelux map I had, all the street names in Brussels were in Dutch only. Brussels is bilingual French/Dutch but people almost invariably use the French version of the address.
Buffy Beagle
Regular Visitor

Tony, where did you find the reference to withdrawal of the Europe maps due to "overwhelming demand"? All reference to the europe package of CDs for £189 has been removed from the TomTom web site as far as I can see. . . and I wonder why. Anyone that visits that site now will be under the impression that they have to buy individual countries. Could it be that TomTom is no longer offering the europe package? Did anyone purchase it? Fortunately we have a copy of the TomTom site showing the offer.   Buffy :0)
TonyP
Regular Visitor

I found it here. It actually says "Huge success" not "overwhelming demand" so I stand corrected!

http://www.tomtom.nl/products/platform/sellingpage.php?ID=31&Language=1
Buffy Beagle
Regular Visitor

Thanks Tony . . . I completely missed it! I had a funny five minutes thinking perhaps we had missed the chance to get it :0(    If anyone finds it for sale, could they please put a post here about it. Thanks Buffy :0)
MrLondon
Occasional Visitor

Actually I was told from TomTom yesterday the reason for the missing of the Maps of Western Europe was because of an error with the Sweden maps which have to be redone completely, they think that the CD's should be available after the 22.04. Because I was able to order them but will not get them till than.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: