Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TTN2 version 2.01 - anyone tried it?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TTN2 version 2.01 - anyone tried it?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RichardS
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: TTN2 version 2.01 - anyone tried it? Reply with quote

Andrew

I had the "Unable to start demonstration (2)" error after the update. However, I had V1.5 of the GPS driver installed.

I re-installed the V2.0 GPS driver (removing V1.5 first), and all is now fine.

It's nice to have a working system, and thank goodness for PocketGps, because TomTom never replied to my support email, and, even though I registered my product, they haven't informed me about the new version in any case.

Does anyone know if there is a difference in speed betweem Compact flash and SD? There are more pins on a Compact Flash, so presumably it is faster than the quasi-serial access on an SD card. If this is the case, I think I will get a CF and use my SD for other things.

Richard

Using Toshiba E740 BT with Emtac BT GPS
RichardS
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: TTN2 version 2.01 - anyone tried it? Reply with quote

I had the missing text on advanced configurations on my Toshiba E740. But, if you enable Cleartype (an option under Settings\Screen), then the text appears.

Richard
huey
Occasional Visitor

I have upgraded my Toshiba e740 to the new version and everything is working fine. The only thing that I have noticed that hasn't yet been fixed is the text on the advanced configurations properties in Navigator is still missing. Anyone else got this issue?
Dave
Frequent Visitor

All reviews from now on will show in the top menu. I'm hoping to complete a major re-work of graphics this weekend which should make it clearer for everyone where each type of article/review is located.
Buffy Beagle
Regular Visitor

"Dave's full review of TTN2 lists the appropriate driver to use ..."

Cheers Aero - I hadn't read it either!!! I have been away for a couple of days and last night completely missed it!! I have been checking Tom Tom Navigator in the side menus (Hardware) and it has the date of the review as last year . . . . I forgot to check the top menu 'buttons' Thanks Buffy :0)
Cessquill
Regular Visitor

Cheers Aero - hadn't read it when I posted. When I initially installed TTN1.5, the CRUX driver was the one to go for (as I remember), and up until then I don't think I'd read any different. I'll swap over and hopefully it might improve things...
aero
Regular Visitor

Quote: There isn't a better driver to use in the new software other than the Emtac CRUX GPS on COM8, is there?

Are you sure the Emtac CRUX GPS driver is the one to use? Dave's full review of TTN2 lists the appropriate driver to use as Emtac Wireless GPS.

The Crux driver I've found prevents me from switching my iPAQ on & off without the GPS signal being disabled. No such probs with Emtac Wireless GPS driver (so far....). Also I couldn't perform DEMO routes with the Crux driver unless I had a GPS fix! (don't understand why though)

I had no probs with v2.00 of TTN, but when I updated my iPAQ ROM to v2.10 things started going pear shaped. So I upgraded to TTN 2.01, and it seems to be the Dogs Danglies again now.

Aero.
ottopop
Occasional Visitor

Iancjc, why don't you re-install version 2.00?
iancjc
Frequent Visitor

ipaq 3850 (rom 1.20), cf+, pretec cf-lp, 128mb sd card

since the update to 2.01 TTN2 has quit on me 4 times as I've selected a route from favourites. TTN2 has to be restarted and then operates correctly (no reset etc needed)

I had no problems running with version 2.00!

Cessquill
Regular Visitor

Well, I thought my upgraded version was OK, but it has been going very dippy today (think I've found a really weird problem)...

Took two journies - both short to test it. TTN2.01 failed four times.

First from garage to contact - Navigator stopped updating (GPS driver?). Reset the machine, continued journey...

Stopped at traffic lights, TTN kept going and talked me through the rest of the journey, as if in demo mode. So, by the time the lights changed to green, "you have reached your destination". Most weird.

Third and fourth time navigating to a POI, navigation screen locked up again.

iPaq 3870, TTN2.01, Emtac BTGPS. There isn't a better drtiver to use in the new software other than the Emtac CRUX GPS on COM8, is there?

And it was all going so well...
Dave
Frequent Visitor

Quote: Originally posted by PeterB on 15 April 2003

I was advised by TomTom on 8th April that TTN2 and European maps had been dispatched by DHL. EEU delivery would be within 2 days.

I am still waiting.

My EMails have been ignored.

Is anyone having a similar problem??????

Peter, There was a problem with the Nordic CD's, and I'm not sure whether or not this affects the European CD's. I know TomTom are also out of stock of a lot of CD's and they're due in some on the 18th.
johnmar
Regular Visitor

I have a an i3830 with an EMTAC GPS Sleeve.

Although I had few (if any) problems navigating,routing and rerouting, I was experiencing stability problems using the system 'off-line' in demo mode, changing to map-view etc. etc.

I have now installed 2.01 and this now seems to have made the system far more stable.

iPAQ3830 (32MB) PPC2002 ROM 1.20
CF Expansion Pack
Holux GR-213 GPS Mouse (GSW3.1.1 -3.1.00.07 C23B1.00)
Kingston Elite Pro 1 GB CF Card for maps
Viking 512MB SD Card (not used for navigating)
TTNav 5.210 (5430) Maps of W Europe
simmybear
Occasional Visitor

Peter,

Please see my separate post "Credit card charged/No Goods"

I was debited on the 3/4 and currently have an estimated delivery of 22/4. Apparently the don't like to partial ship and my mistake was ordering Western Europe mapset which is quote "out on stock"

SIMON
PeterB
Regular Visitor

Delivery problems:-

I was advised by TomTom on 8th April that TTN2 and European maps had been dispatched by DHL. EEU delivery would be within 2 days.

I am still waiting.

My EMails have been ignored.

Is anyone having a similar problem??????
harrinp1
Occasional Visitor

I've only just received TTN2 and went straight to the 2.01 patch. As this is the first time I've used Tom Tom I'm quite impressed.

It seems to be pretty solid, only had the one crash on the way to work, but as somebody drove into the back of me I doubt I can blame TomTom :-)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: