Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Am I the only one who likes it?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Am I the only one who likes it?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mark R Penn
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Am I the only one who likes it? Reply with quote

Yep, iPaq 5450 x-scale.
aero
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Am I the only one who likes it? Reply with quote

Any of you guys using Ipaq 3970/X-scale processors?
Mark R Penn
Regular Visitor

I installed over the old version (ie no uninstal), and it's fine, although I did soft reset before firing it up, just to make sure nothing wayward was still loaded into memory.

Re the features, yes I do think it is worth the money, because at 40€ I have little to complain about. I love 3D view (some have commented about the angle of view, but I find it is incredible how realistically it mirrors what I see ahead of me - the feeling of just how far it is to the next turn is spot on), re-routing could be better (I'd like to adjust how far ahead it puts the road block when you use that option - it assumes the block is very close, but it could offer the option to put it after 1, 2 or 3 junctions ahead), but nevertheless it is a huge improvement over TTN1.5, and the Contacts integration is worth paying for in itself (works with PI as well by the way) as that almost takes away the need for the postcode searching. I also think that the ability to set up the menu's just how you want is underated - it is a big safety factor being able to cut down on the number of taps.

However, TomTom HAVE to remove the claim that it has postcode search support very soon, or they will find themselves in hot water as soon as they get a lot of users who paid full retail price for it, expecting that to work.
SteveRose
Occasional Visitor

Ian

Yes I think it met my expectations. I can see peoples points about post codes however I have a full contacts list and all of the test searches I have tried (where it takes city, street and house number) have all been correct.

I like the way the menus have been redesigned and I think this helps to make a better product.

Perhaps if I had had to upgrade it at the full price I might not have been so satisfied but for €39.99 I think it is a very good buy.

I do think that uninstalling as we have both done is the best way to do it. I work in IT and I always unistall where possible before upgrading software.

Steve

iancjc
Frequent Visitor

Steve

I'm happy you're happy!

But do you think it's met your expectations (ie is it much better then TTN1)?

For me I would have gladly paid an upgrade fee for TTN1 with newer maps. This is from the perspective of someone who is also experiencing no cashes or hardware problems. The alternative routing is ok but it should have included the ability to avoid (say) J7 to J9 of the M1 rather than just avoid the M1.

One thing does strike me - I uninstalled TTN1, TTN GPS and the old maps (plus a soft reset) before I instlled the new product - perhaps this is the best way to install it.

Ian
Mark R Penn
Regular Visitor

I am very happy with it, except for the postcode search, which I think TomTom simply lied about. It does not work!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: