Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Problem upgrading to TTN2 + Euro Maps
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem upgrading to TTN2 + Euro Maps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TonyP
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Problem upgrading to TTN2 + Euro Maps Reply with quote

Since I had a few TTN1 countries, I decided to upgrade just one country and buy the Euro CD set.

However, now I have the upgrade code, I see that is no longer possible to order the Euro CD from the TomTom site together with the upgrade. I have to find a retailer and buy the Euro maps separately, and of course the retailers dont have it in stock.

Until I buy the maps I cant use TTN2 because the old maps are not compatible.

All in all I find the whole procedure far too much of a timewaster, and I wish I hadn't bothered.
MrLondon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Problem upgrading to TTN2 + Euro Maps Reply with quote

Hi there Tony, you can actually from the TomTom site, however it is not very straight forward, you will have to click on the upgrade code and than you come to the Shopping cart, at the bottom is a button for contine shopping and than you will have to find the normal TomTom shop and there you can add the European Maps to the shopping cart, will save you on the shipping. I have done it and got yesterday my shipping notification.

Just actually checked and they have taken down the maps of Europe under some bezzare reason, maybe they sold out?

Decker
Occasional Visitor

Or maybe there is something wrong with them!!!
Decker
Occasional Visitor

Or maybe there is something wrong with them!!!

Decker
iancjc
Frequent Visitor

Is anyone using the european maps with TTN2 - I want to buy them for a summer holiday trip but have decided to wait until I need them (hoping for upto date maps!).

TonyP
Regular Visitor

I found the V1.5 maps of France and Benelux to be good enough. There were a few junctions that had been recently replaced by roundabouts, and a few places where TTN thought a left turn was not allowed when in fact it was.

There were some issues with private roads. In most case the roads were public but signed "local traffic only" and it would be legit to use them if the destination was nearby

Address search was often unreliable, especially in rural areas where many places don't have proper addresses.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: