Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Trafficmaster PocketPC client
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Trafficmaster PocketPC client

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Guestbook and Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mark_p
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Trafficmaster PocketPC client Reply with quote

I have seen the trafiicmaster product list which includes a portable hardware unit, web-site and Palm client [amongst others]. What this product offers is a perfect complement to GPS/mapping like TomTom because it tells you where there are hold-ups/ congestion, whilst the GPS gives you the route. What is nice on a PocketPC is that one can load multiple applications, so woulddn't it be great to have a Traficmaster PocektPC client! This wold run and connect up via GSM modem and display status around you. That way you could flip between Traficmaster and TomTom and really be in control. Given there is Palm client, a Pocket PC can't be that hard!
dejongj
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Trafficmaster PocketPC client Reply with quote

Hi Mark_p,

You may be surprised but it actually already exists, it is a product call Livewire which integrates with CoPilot.

Livewire is picking up the data from AA Roadwatch. If I am not mistaken AA Roadwatch is using the source provided by ITIS who also broadcasts the TMC channel as a sub-channel on Classic FM (Good national coverage) totally free if you have a TMC FM receiver. Anyway one of the sources for ITIS is the trafficmaster network amongst other sources which (I think) include monitoring devices on haulage firms (like Eddie Stobart) and bus grid (stagecoach I think).

So all this data is consolidated in a constant stream of information together with highway agency information regarding roadworks etc.

It would be even better I think when there is a TMC module available for any of the UK versions of the GPS software and map providers. TMC is totally free and is now available on the pocketpc in Germany......We just have to wait. It was only launch on fixed car navigation systems April 2002 and then VDO only in the UK.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jean-Paul

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Guestbook and Feedback All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: