Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - PDAMODS
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

PDAMODS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WGJK7
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 9:06 pm    Post subject: PDAMODS Reply with quote

Sad Ordered a tomtom and Dell X5 From PDAMODS on Tuesday last week at lunchtime and it was delivered at 9.30 AM following morning.
Could not get Rikaline receiver to work so had to return receiver and silver shield mount. did this on Friday and waiting for response and replacements.

Initial sale was excellent however will advise via this forum on thier after sales service or lack of it later this week.

Good after sales service is a must and can ruin a otherwise good retailer. Hopefully PDAMODS won't let me down and spoil thier initial first class service!!!!
WGJK7
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's hoping for a good result!

I'm going to edit the tags out of your thread title - you can't put any kind of mark up or tags in the subject line.

David
WGJK7
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:56 pm    Post subject: PDAMODS Reply with quote

Well still no replacements dispite loads of email contact. Latest is that Royal Mail can't trace my replacements!!

Promised to dispath replacements for the replacements today!!!

Keep an eye out for an update later this week. Angry

WGJK7
WGJK7
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 8:31 pm    Post subject: PDAMODS Reply with quote

Well items finally arrived the day after PDAMODS Customer Services asauid that they would send replace4ments for the ones losty in the post. I got the original mount and a new receiver returned in the packaging I posted them in, so it looks like they never got lost in the post but some where in PDAMODS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well at least they turned up and I now have a good working sat nav system. :D
Galman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not at all impressed with PDAmods. I ordered 2 Dell Axim X5 Tomtom systems. Axim X5's Advanced arrived but no cradle and cheap usb leads, neither of which worked. Copied software on an ordinary blank CD for the PDA's, so no serial number or license for Outlook 2002. Ordered a cradle from a company on Ebay which turned out to be the same address as PDAmods. So I'm guessing they are the cradles that should have been with the Axim X5 advanced they they are selling off seperately.
My advice, avoid PDAmods like the plague.
dunno
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oops should have read this thread earlier as i bought a leather pouch for my pda on sunday and it hasn't arrived yet Sad
dunno
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i owe them an appology it did arrive ,not sure when , but found it behind the door a day later

so sorry
spanamana
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I purchased a Dell Axiom kit from PDAMods over a weekend and to save time I paid the extra £25 to get the system installed and calibrated.

After not hearing from them by Friday I rang them. After three phone calls and promises of a call back, and initially being informed that it had been sent, I was told that the item was still being calibrated but that it would be despatched the same day and would be delivered on Saturday.

By this time I was sceptical and asked them three times "are you sure it will be delivered tomorrow?". Definitely I was told.

As expected the kit did not arrive on the Saturday. I called again on the Monday and was told it had been sent. As they advertised Parcelforce and TNT delivery I asked for the tracking number so that I could find out where it was. I was told they did not use them.

I was getting nowhere fast. Meanwhile my wife had spotted another phone number at the bottom of the web page and she tried that. I got a different person who we believe was the MD. I asked hime where my GPS was and he told me that it had not been despatched and was still on the test bench. I immediately demanded a refund and was credited the next day.

I was blatantly lied to three times by this company. I would not touch them again with a barge pole.

Geoff Robbins
Brookied
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys,
I took the plunge with these guys but am holding my breath. they only seem to update orders in the evening 17:00 ish but i am keeping close tabs on my CoPilot 5 Live PPC and GPS Reciever package. ordered on sunday night, packaged on Monday, shipped today. Hopeful for a weekend delivery.

will keep you posted and if the service is bad or good rest assured it shall be reported either way.

nothing worse than bad service. Rolling Eyes
Brookied
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK update on pdamods. ...... Glad to say all items deliverd on time as per phone call to the sales team.

Thanks

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: