Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - SP1 Update - Problem - Help
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

SP1 Update - Problem - Help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navman Handhelds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leenig
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: SP1 Update - Problem - Help Reply with quote

yesterday I downloaded and install the SP1 update all appeared to go without an issue. this morning Ive palced the IPAQ in the car and opened the the programme up. When I go to gps status it displys 8/10 yellow boxes and once or twice for a couple of secs 3 red boxes howver the unit is not displaying any green so unable to find my position. Any ideas what may be cuasing this please?

Thanks

Lee
J.T.
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: SP1 Update - Problem - Help Reply with quote

Lee.

I have the same problem all since the upgrade, no amount of resetting or sleeve changing makes any difference. Sorry I have no fix but the more people who complain the more chance of a fix....for the fix.
Leenig
Regular Visitor

I have hard reset my IPAQ and carried out a clean install of Navman all to NO avail. I am unable to obtain a lock, just displays the yellow blocks, period.

Lee
Royalty
Regular Visitor

Must admit I've seen improved TTF since SP1 was installed on my 3970 and have had very few problems compared to some of you on this forum. I still don't get the UTC clock counting up during intial fix, but once yellow bars appear a lock soon follows.

However, I did experience one confusing issue today though - stopped at traffic lights in an area I know very well, but the map suddenly jumped and placed me somewhere else in the UK!! Question marks replaced road names, next turn and ETA etc. Once I got moving I was back on track after about 30 seconds.
Leenig
Regular Visitor

Just hope someone comes up with an answer why some of us are having an issue with the sp1

Lee
gracar
Regular Visitor

I have been out today and experienced a problem similar to that Royalty described earlier. I was stationary and the map suddenly moved to somewhere unrelated to my position. I moved off and the screen seemed to be in random mode for about a minute and then I was back on track.

I have noticed that the UTC clock does not count up on initial fix.

Leenig
Regular Visitor

Makes me wonder if Navman have actually tested this update/patch

Lee
Richard
Occasional Visitor

I'm beginning to think the same thing!
gambitgander
Regular Visitor

The non-fix is attributed to the RMC messages not being turned on. Contact Navman support for information on how to rectify this.
rwbthatisme
Occasional Visitor

perhaps they tested on the ppc emulator?
gambitgander
Regular Visitor

RMC is the message string responsible for Lat, long, speed, UTC, etc. If this is not getting started, then you will unable to obtain a valid 3D fix.
Richard
Occasional Visitor

Contact NavMan they will send you a file to run to change the RMC settings. Solved the problem for me.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navman Handhelds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: