Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Compaq Ipaq H1910 GPS?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Compaq Ipaq H1910 GPS?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ldj111
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Compaq Ipaq H1910 GPS? Reply with quote

Hi all.

First of all GREAT SITE!!!!!

I'm new, and really keen to get a GPS system fitted to my Renault clio. But do have a few questions. I would very much appreciate it if you guys can help me out with a few of them.

I do like the IPAQ 1910. Is there no GPS system that would work with this handheld? If not I will go for a 3870.

Then I gather from the posts that the TomTom navigator is the best GPS package. But I do like the idea that Copilot Live gives you traffic updates. Is this very helpfull? Does it warn you of traffic in advance? But the maps of the copilot doesn't compare to the TOMTOM's from what I can see from the screenshots. What abou the new version 4? Does the maps look better? Will TOMTOM implement a traffic update function sometime in the future? I have the bluetooth phone with GPRS.

Another thing I'm not very keen on is the mess of wires that comes withe the TOMTOM receiver. Is it possible to conceal some of these cables? Has anyone done it successfuly?

Ok, enough questions for now........

Many Thanks,

Leon

Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Compaq Ipaq H1910 GPS? Reply with quote

Leon, I'm not entirely sure about the 1910, I've heard from various sources it doesn't use COM port assignment like the other iPAQ models (not sure if this is true), and I'm not sure if the connector is different from the standard iPAQ's. It is more expensive, but I would suggest going for a 3850, 3950 or if you want Bluetooth a 3870 or 3970. You can get cheaper factory refurbished versions available in these models too to bring the cost down a little.

CoPilot is good, the spoken street names are really useful, as it means you don't have to look at the map a lot of the time. It takes a little while to become accustomed to the voice, but once you've got that, most roads are spoken quite clearly. Can't comment yet on CoPilot 4, we are currently awaiting an early version.

Regarding cables, you can always put the in-car receivers to the corner of the windscreen, run the cables down the side of the dashboard, and under the foot well or mats. If you want a truly wireless setup then a 3870 or 3970 with an Emtac Bluetooth GPS would be better.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: