Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom mobile + Parrot 3300
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom mobile + Parrot 3300
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Apollo10
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 9:48 pm    Post subject: TomTom mobile + Parrot 3300 Reply with quote

I have just fitted a nice new Parrot 3300 into my car, and have a full copy of TomTom mobile running on my Nokia 6600. The software seems fine, but it does not find my Parrot GPS, is there a patch to find other GPS hardware rather than the TomTom GPS receiver?

Any ideas?

Ap.
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed - the official version of TTMobile is locked to the TomTom BT GPS receiver. We are still waiting for a statement from TomTom if they are planning to change this - we hope they find another way of making sure they get their money.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
Apollo10
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 2:13 pm    Post subject: Agreed but......... Reply with quote

Yes, trouble is they have had their money from me, when I bought the kit, but because I wanted to put a hands free in the car also, i thought it would be better to do it as an all in one device. Namely the Parrot 3300 gps. But it seems I should have done more homework first, as it does not find the gps on the parrot.

Thx

Nic
MalT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to this post... the new download unlocks the tie with the TTM GPS.
Is this not the case? I quite fancy one of those Parrot kits as well.
Mal

simontan1
Forum Rank:

Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 1:15 pm Post subject: Problems with 3rd party bluetooth recievers fixed too.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can confirm that the TT Mobile patch (1.15mb) also allows other BT GPS receivers to be used. My Pretec is working flawlessly on a C500. The downloadable patch available also eliminates the need to make a GPRS connection to Tomtom.
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THere's just one catch - you have to subscribe to TomTom Traffic to get to the patch.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
MalT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh dear... that's not very good, the Traffic service ain't that hot either.
Mal
babybob
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely you can just use your free one month subsription to traffic to get the update?

And anyway, if you look in the c500 post at the top of the forum you'll find this link:

[Link has been removed on request by TomTom] - You need to be a registered Traffic user to retrieve the upgrade.

which is the traffic update, and you dont have to do anything with the traffic part as far as Im aware to install it.

Let us know how it goes
Brian
MalT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now then...
I really fancied the Parrot 3300 with the GPS so despite knowing it may not work with TTM I purchased one. And yes.. it doesn't work with my E200 or C500 on the Sat nav. No problems with the phone side of the kit, paired up & works well. But the TTM software aint playing. The latest TTM version has been loaded into the phone for reference........ !
Any suggestions gratefully received.
Mal
inspecta
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the parrot 3300 route the speech through the bluetooth speaker?

Is anyone using one of these with an XDA? I would like to try it with my spanky-new XDA IIs, but don't want to have to buy one to find that it wont amplify the directions.
MalT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
No it won't play the directions through the car speakers via the Parrot kit, well not from my C500 anyway...
I have had it happen a few times but it seems to be when the C500 gets confused & routes things wrongly. Apart from that & the lack of easy connectivity with the TTM software I really liked the car kit that much that I purchased a standard one for my van.
Regards
Mal
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inspecta wrote:
Does the parrot 3300 route the speech through the bluetooth speaker?

Is anyone using one of these with an XDA? I would like to try it with my spanky-new XDA IIs, but don't want to have to buy one to find that it wont amplify the directions.
The Parrot can route the speech of some PDAs, but explicitly states on their website that for the MS range of Smartphones you are limited to GPS or Telephony - you can't have both on the same device, and it doesn't claim support for Audio from the PDA either.
MalT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't spot that info on the Parrot website beofre I purchased my kits..... has it changed recently?
For reference... I can't get my new Dell X50 to discover the serial port on the Parrot but I think that's down to the Dell. Anyone done this?
Regards
Mal
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalT wrote:
I didn't spot that info on the Parrot website beofre I purchased my kits..... has it changed recently?
It's at http://tinyurl.com/5emm4 although I've no idea how long it's been there. No experience of the Dell (or the Parrot) I'm afraid.
MalT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep... that table is as clear as a cloudy lake on a cloudy day in a cloudy town! But I guess the upshot is it doesn't work, never mind things will get better.
Regards
Mal
grizzlie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Nokia 6630 and am using Tom Tom. I am using it with a BT-77 GPS receiver and this works well. I also have installed in my car a Parrot CK3000. (I have had that over a year) I was uncertain as to how this would work with my Nokia 6630 and it is not as good phone wise as my previous phone a Nokia 6630.
However to my suprise 8O I can pair both Bluetooth devices at the same time the Parrot and the GPS receiver and 90% of the time the speech from TOM TOM is routed via my car radio speakers. This means that the radio is permanently muted but hey who cares. I say it works this way 90% of the time, the phone doesnt always pair with both devices properly. But the problem is usually with the Parrot device.
I am a bit disappointed to hear that the CK3300 doesnt function the same way. So at the moment I will probably stay with my current setup. I am getting to know how it works and I do like the Tom Tom software.
I am looking forward to TomTom 5

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: