Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - A little disappointed with www.global positioning systems.co
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

A little disappointed with www.global positioning systems.co
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arri
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 12:41 am    Post subject: A little disappointed with www.global positioning systems.co Reply with quote

I ordered a Seidio 2500 mount for my iPAQ on September 22nd. I used the cheapest delivery option as I didn’t need it that urgently. After a week it hadn’t arrived (I don’t blame them for this) so I sent an email. After a couple of days I didn’t get a reply so I emailed again explaining my concerns over not getting a reply to my first email. I got an apology and was told that I would have to wait fourteen days (I think) before it could be confirmed as lost, after which I would be sent a replacement.

As the fourteen day period came to an end I emailed again requesting a quick delivery as the journey I needed the mount for was approaching. The unit was sent by next day delivery. I was sent a windscreen mount as apposed to the vent mount I ordered. I got a quick reply from my email letting me know that the correct mount was on its way. It arrived within two days.

Now I can’t blame them for the Seidio being faulty. They aren’t the manufacturers and I have read here of many people complaining about faulty units. The sound was barely audible, the volume control crackled when adjusted and the power cable only worked when held at an angle. They apologised, gave me a returns number and told me they would pay my postage costs.

I returned the unit and power cable stating quite clearly on the returns form (I actually edited the .pdf and typed in the details) that I was returning both items. When I received my replacement mount there was no power cable. I’ve sent an email to both returns (30th November) and despatch (8th December) about this, but have yet to get a reply. I haven’t been reimbursed for my postage either.

All communications from them have been polite, but I feel that after two and half months this issue should have been resolved.
granthine
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:40 am    Post subject: A little disappointed with www.globalpositioningsystems.co.u Reply with quote

Hi Arri,

I must first apologise for the support (or lack of it) you feel you have received. We strive to achieve the highest level of customer service both before and after sales, although in this case it looks like you have recieved service well below our own set standards.

Without specific knowledge of your concerns I cannot investigate this therefore I would be extremely grateful if you could contact me to discuss this situation further, and I will ensure that this matter is resolved fast and efficiently.

Please could you E-mail me grant.hine@spotlightguides.co.uk with your order number.

Grant Hine
Returns Manager
Arri
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update…

I sent an email to Grant and he phoned me within 5 minutes of me sending it. I got the power cable on next day delivery and was reimbursed for more than I paid for the returns postage. He also sent an email to check the cable had arrived.

Cheers Grant
JConnors
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: A little disappointed with www.globalpositioningsystems. Reply with quote

Copy of e-mail number 1....

To: customerservices@globalpositioningsystems.co.uk
Subject: Duplicate item

Hi there,

A couple of weeks again I purchased a TomTom MOBILE device from you guys, and am very satisfied with it.

Today I celebrated my birthday, and have received a TomTom MOBILE device as a gift - exactly the same one as I had already purchased. The second TomTom was bought from you, as I had spoken about your website and price. Could the second TomTom, as it is not required, be sent back for a refund?

Regards
Jamie Connors

Copy of e-mail number 2....

To: grant.hine@spotlightguides.co.uk
Subject: PocketGPSWorld.com and a duplicate item problem

Mr Hine,

I am a regular reader of Pocket GPS World and noticed that a customer of yours had a two month period before his problem with a mount was resolved, which was purchased via http://www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk.

I purchased a TomTom MOBILE unit as an early birthday present for myself and am very happy with it. Unfortunately, someone else had also purchased a unit for my birthday as I had mentioned the website and price several times. So, now I have two TomTom MOBILE units. I have already e-mailed for advice/refund but no-one has bothered to reply - see attachment.

I eagerly await your response to this matter and will put a posting on the Pocket GPS World's website showing how this matter is resolved.

Regards
Jamie Connors

Let's see what happens now. I wonder if their responce is as good as the one for the above posting????
JConnors
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 5:32 pm    Post subject: Re: A little disappointed with www.globalpositioningsystems. Reply with quote

Forgot to mention, the first e-mail was sent on Mon 15/11/2004 16:49 and the second was sent on the 17/12/2004.
JConnors
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: A little disappointed with www.globalpositioningsystems. Reply with quote

Just had a telephone call from Global Positioning Systems, after they read the above posting of mine. I now have a returns number and will be sending it all of tomorrow morning.

The funny thing is that I am having some problems with my e-mail account at the minute (damn Virgin.net) and the second mail is still sat in my MS Outlook 'Outbox', trying to be sent for the last hour or so!! That means that GPS do read these forums carefully - to their credit!!

Well done GPS - you get there in the end and do a great job. Will be using you again without any problems.
jblackmore
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to say I am dissapointed with GlobalPositioningSystems.co.uk

On Thursday 9th December I saw the GPS Solution TE edition listed on their website for £249 which I thought was a good price and they had 6 in stock, I phoned to confirm it would work for my purposes, and was told it would, and asked if I could order one. I was told the best way to order was on their website, so I did this just after 12, and got a confirmation email immediately.

The following Monday, I hadn't heard anything from them, so phoned to check status, and was told that my order hadn't been processed by their staff, and in the meantime they had sold all their remaining stock of these items to people who had ordered after me !!

I was told there was nothing they would do, and when I pointed out they had confirmed my order by email, and was told that their terms and condition make it clear that they don't accept any order until goods have been dispatched !

I emailed Simon Pitts as I saw his postings on here, he replied that night saying they had more stock coming in that week and he would be in touch.

I chased this at the end of the week, and Simon emailed me to say the stock had been delayed, I never heard from him again.

basically if you want to order from globalpositioningsystems I suggest you insist on ordering by phone, and make sure that they have 'accepted' your order, and allocated stock, before you get off the phone !!
jblackmore
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should add, from my experience, they are very slow at replying to emails, and if you phone you are often disconnected with a message 'due to unprecedented call volume', however posting on these forums seems to get much quicker responses, so maybe public complaints on here will get things moving !
drinternat
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 5:00 pm    Post subject: Order Reply with quote

I too ordered an iPaq and Arkon GPDS mount from them and it came the next day minus the SD card. I tried 4 or 5 times waiting on the phone for about 20 minutes each time and finally email,d them. I had a reply the next day and they apologised for the omisssion and promised to send the card right away. I got it the very next day wich was surprising given that it was now about 2 days to Xmas. I did after Xmas email them again to ask which screen protector fitted my PDA and had to wait a few days on that reply but they did reply within maybe 3 days. I think they are an OK firm to deal with. I would recommed them (and have since purchased an additional Sd card from them). You have to remember that a company is only as good as the staff they employ and it is not always evident if there is a week link in a chain.
Nigbo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i used this co gps for online purchase of a navman 510 & various extras - came within time & no problems - no complaints at all
keithdw
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 5:56 pm    Post subject: Also Dissapointed with GlobalPositioningSystems.co.uk Reply with quote

I bought the ALK CoPilot Pocket PC 5 just before Christmas 2004 for use with my HP iPAQ 4150 pocket PC on the advice of the GPS.co.uk sales rep. Upon receiving the goods I found I had bought accessories unnecessarily and not bough some I needed, all on the advice of the GPS sales rep. Having contacted them to complain about this issue, I received NO responce what so ever.

Anyway, having been using the ALK system now for over 2 months I feel I am in a good position to point out that the more I use the software, the more disillusioned I become. This whole system seems to have been a complete and utter waste of time and money. The software is inaccurate and very buggy, leading to no end of problems. In fact, the system is pretty much unusable I'd have been better off purchasing a good old paper Atlas!

My HP iPAQ has yet to complete a single trip without crashing and requiring a reset (this usually happens after the system has acquired a location and is calculating a route, or whilst recalculating a route in transit). This, even following a complete 'Hard Reset' (which returns the PDA to the factory defaults) and the installation of only the CoPilot software, ie CoPilot cannot blame the problems on any other software that may have been installed.

GPS.co.uk seem to be either unwilling or able to help with the problem and the only solution would seem to be to write off the current system and purchase something else. But what to go for I'm not sure, I doubt I'd trust the recommendation of GPS.co.uk again and I don't want to be left with another dud. It's a lot of money to be throwing down the pan!

My response from GPS.co.uk to my request to trade in my dismal ALK system was
Quote:
"Unfortunately we do not do part exchanges or refunds on any software. If you refer to your terms and conditions of sale you will find that once any software is registered it is no returnable."
. As you have to register the software to use it, it seems to me that this means that if you use a product and find it doesn't work, tough!
Robin2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My experience was somewhat happier. I ordered TomTom Navigator European maps (at a price beaten only by Amazon, and we all know what their delivery times can be!)
I ordered after 4 pm, so knew it would not be despatched that day. I selected the economy 2-4 day delivery option, as I don't need it until the end of March.
The next day I had an email saying it had been despatched, and it arrived Royal Mail Special Delivery 2 days later. Can't fault that!
Robin
keithdw
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having finally taken notice of my dilemma, (presumably having read my posts here), GlobalPossitioningSystems.co.uk contacted me and asked if they could pass my details on to ALK (the manufacturers of the CoPilot system) so that they can sort my problem out.

Having initially been contacted by one of the ALK customer support representatives (smistry@alk.com) I finally thought I was getting somewhere. How wrong I was. Having provided many examples of where the CoPilot software and maps were totally inaccurate (the best one being where the software asks me to cross a large river into a business park, ok except there is no bridge for about another mile!), the representative has stopped replying to my e-mails and fails to return my calls.

Totally dissatisfied customer, I've stopped using the software, it is more trouble that it is worth.
mw101
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:33 pm    Post subject: returns Reply with quote

i just had the terms and conditions speech relayed to me from gps,i was looking for a little help with a ipaq 2210 that has died 2 weeks out of warranty,not their problem..another shopper going to vote with his feet..anyone reccomend anywhere else?,with a live technical support line,not e-mail only,to buy a new satnav from?,and any recs. for a system not ipaq based?
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can always try GPS Warehouse. Sales and Support are available via telephone between 9am and 5:30pm and they endeavour to answer the phone within the first three rings. If all sales/support reps are busy it may take 6 or 7 rings, but you won't have to wait in a queue for 20 mins.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: