Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - OnCourse Navigator Sweepstakes 1/2
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

OnCourse Navigator Sweepstakes 1/2
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neutron
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 2:12 pm    Post subject: OnCourse Reply with quote

I like the idea of being able to install to a memory card but does this slow the application down significantly? The "several destinations" facility looks useful and the user interface is certainly different..
I'm going to need a good SatNav when I move to the USA in a few months and read the excellant review with great interest.
BoPeep
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lbendlin wrote:
minus the team and moderators

Aw, that sucks! Wink I knew there had to be a drawback somewhere to being a moderator! Laughing

Regards,

Bo Peep.
beanyidiot
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a Loox 720 and OCN4 should be a good companion. I like the German design and will use it for my trip to Canada next month.
SimonCatlin
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lbendlin wrote:
Feel free to propose a seed value (otherwise we'll just take the current time)

Umm Err - my inside leg measurement? 29 and 1/4 " (yes, a short ar$e!)
Commander
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sory if this looks like a double post but the original didn't end up in the right place (can't work out what went wrong) and I'd like to be in with a chance.
----------

Well as we are currently planning a trip to the states next year, some navigation software would be most welcome.

Having maps & programme both on a memory card is neat, but with the full sprite backup being so good (saved me a few times) it is not essential.

Being able to only store the maps you want on a smaller storage card is pretty much essential for somewhere a big as the USA. Old map data is the perennial problem, but one that is probably easier to live with when on holiday.

The UI seems a big drawback one to two weeks to get used to it!

But hey, I'll give it a go

Peter
lucky_dog
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with most of the comments here, andwith the pocketgps review of the software. what troubles me the most, as pointed out in the pocketGps review, and the screenshots is the onerous user interface.

from the looks of things, the user interface kinda painful. it makes you wonder if the OnCourse ppl had done any focus, and usability studies prior to releasing this software, or if their primary motive is getting into gps market asap...

as for the voice recognition stuff, that's just icing on the cake, some ppl might use it, some not. i don't have a need for it as i'm not gonna use this in a car. heck, if i were to win this software, i'm selling it on ebay, use the money to get something better.
gamble
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 3:44 pm    Post subject: sweepstake Reply with quote

As it is totally random please draw quickly as I am off to phoenix on Dec10 and Vegas /San diego for Christmas New year (Bragging over SORRY) Laughing :D
Ray_te
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to win a copy of OnCorse Navigator. I have a Fortuna ClipOn and think the two would make a great pair

Ray
Falkien
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the comments on installation and the putting shortcuts and drivers onto the system when they are not necessarily needed or wanted, but I can see that this would help out a complete novice or first time PPC user.
Maybe the solution is for an installation similar to most windows installers that allow you to select custom or recommended installs?

The destination input frustrates me (it's the sdame with my current system, TomTom on Palm) and it something that needs to be addressed (sorry in future products.
If the manufactuers would only realise that since the software is running on a PDA!!.
Linking to the address book/contacts is the ideal, since a business card received from a mobile phone or email could then be used.

I really like the ability to be able to save journeys in a logbook, and would like to see this incorporated into more navigation programs.
Iit's not a big leap from this to the next logical step of analysing this stored data and enabling some intelligent auto routing based on past journey times and speeds......

I'm glad that there is really some strong competition in the PDA navigation market now as it can only lead to more users, reduced costs, better products, and most importantly better map data!

Dave (aka Falkien)
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:40 pm    Post subject: Sweepstakes are over! Reply with quote

Thanks everybody for participating in this round of the sweepstakes. After using the inside leg measurement as the seed value it has been determined that

gamble Thumbs Up

is the winner. Please send me a PM with your shipping address.

Everyone else, don't despair - another round is coming up soon!

Thanks,

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: