Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - BT GPS - heated rear windscreens
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

BT GPS - heated rear windscreens

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
proctog
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 11:13 am    Post subject: BT GPS - heated rear windscreens Reply with quote

Hi

I considering buying a Bluetooth GPS for use in the car (with a Palm Tungsten T3) and am looking at the options for where to site it. Somewhere on the top of the dashboard at the front is the obvious choice, but it might be less intrusive to have it on the rear parcel shelf.

Is this feasible? I know there can be problems with cars with athermic/heated windscreens causing GPS reception problems (my car has a "normal" windscreen) but is the same true of rear windscreens? The embedded heating wires run horizontally and are about 2cm apart. The heated windscreens I've seen seem to have a very fine mesh of wires.

Does anyone here use a BT GPS on the rear shelf?

TIA

Glenn.
tOpCaT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Glenn,

I've got a BT GPS on the rear shelf of my Renault (not right now, but when I'm using it Smile ). It works fine.

I couldn't use it on the dashboard due to the bizarre metallic coating Renault put on their windscreens (which makes them look a crappy blue colour and seems to prevent GPS signals from getting through).

I hope this helps.
Tom
proctog
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tOpCaT wrote:
Hi Glenn,

I've got a BT GPS on the rear shelf of my Renault (not right now, but when I'm using it Smile ). It works fine.

I couldn't use it on the dashboard due to the bizarre metallic coating Renault put on their windscreens (which makes them look a crappy blue colour and seems to prevent GPS signals from getting through).

I hope this helps.
Tom

Thanks for the reply. The Renault coating must be a fairly recent "innovation" - I had a Megane Coupe up until about a year ago and my eMap worked OK when sitting on top of the dashboard.

Glenn.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: