Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom GO POI Speedcamera POI database
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom GO POI Speedcamera POI database
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tazcab
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi
ok so how do we add new speedcamera to the camera databse

(not my tomtom go i know how to do that but the databse )
schildy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 9:24 am    Post subject: Just exactly where? Reply with quote

Hi everyone, newbie here. I am probably being pretty dumb but after messing around with my TTG still cannot figure where to put what file to get the camera db working (or at least looking like it might) My TTG configures as a drive on my pc when hooked up USB, and has two folders, GB Maps and TT config. I downloaded the files from the site but when I try to put them in I get a response that tells me I have no CE supported device and it closes. Am I even trying to put the right s/w in. Any help on this would be really appreciated, and it may be that I am being a typical bloke and reading to deep into it.

Cheers in advance.
OZ
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try to get a link to the database direct from a thread like this concerning a database for GO.
I may be totally wrong but with the message you get, it sounds like a config script for a windows pocket pc formula.
Download the files, you can also get them from the downloads section of this site, Dave has split them into 3 types Gatso, Red Light and continental.
Choose what you want and unzip them into the TomTom gb maps folder, then browse through your POi section and enable the databases and it should be fine.
I know it's not much help but this worked for me.
sifi
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How to download the DB.

Potsy and MK on this link tell you how to do it.
http://pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=10469&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=60

Some of Pottsy's files say Paint Shop Pro, but mine were not. If you are unsure you can match by looking at the size of the files
schildy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 8:37 pm    Post subject: Byy Jove I think I've done it Reply with quote

Thanks to the post replies, I have managed to get the files onto TTG so the test will be going to work tomorrow to see how it pans out. Rest assured that if anything comes up that needs to be reported I will get it on here asap.
Watch this space.
schildy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 6:33 pm    Post subject: POI update Reply with quote

Drove up to Birmingham today and can report that it piked out every camera on that beloved M42 stretch. Top piece of s/w. Next will be trying to sort out all the petrol stations that are BP. Thi is fun :D :D :D
WTFAWe
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 4:48 pm    Post subject: Loadable POI's Reply with quote

Strange problem, I've done the V4.4 upgrade and loaded the POI safety cams. Only found Gatso so far, mind you. That's good and works fine.

The next task is to load POI post codes to overcome the wacky problem of needing to know both the street name and post code to choose the right one. You ask for Fir Croft in Colchester and get offered every other one in the country regardless of where you put in in the first place, so why bother?

The problem I have is that for some reason if I load the post codes for Anglia, CO1 through 15, the only ones in the POI are CO5. Why 5, where's the rest and what's causing this? Any ideas?
5ifthmedia
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new software enables you to select another route by recalculating. I have tried it and it works great - comes up with many different ways - better than AutoRoute and uses many different types of roads.

I reckon this is enough to solve the "quickest, shortest, problem".
laurie0236
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:00 pm    Post subject: Problems with camera database Reply with quote

I have had TomTomGo about 3 months and have found it to super. I downloaded the update 4.40 and some POI's which, after installing the new upgrade, I transferred the downloaded POI,s to my new 256mb card. They worked really well and I was pleased with the result.

Today I downloaded the updated safety camera database and proceeded to tranfer the .bmp and .Ov2 files for gatso, redlight , mobile and specs to my card. I allowed the overwriting of the gatso and redlight files. I checked that all then files were on the card. They were.

When I came to activate the new files only the previous gatso and redlight entries were there, but the new ones were not. I then deleted all the safety camera files and transferred them all again to the card from my PC.

Now no safety camera databases show up at all.

Can I ask if someone can tell what I have done wrong, and show me the error of my ways.

Laurie
Skelmersdale
Zuke
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just noticed someone selling a CD with TomTom Go Speed Camera data and other stuff on eBay.
Rolling Eyes Wonder if it's the Pocket GPS World database?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More than likely Sad It's frustrating that people get conned into paying for effectively stolen software (our licence prohibits such activity) but whilst we try to report each auction we find to eBay it's like sieving sand.
Zuke
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... the software is usually freeware too. I guess it's 'buyer beware' really.
Malc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Just noticed someone selling a CD with TomTom Go Speed Camera data and other stuff on eBay.
Wonder if it's the Pocket GPS World database?

Also saw on ebay someone saying they would e-mail a link to a site for £1.50. Rolling Eyes
tomcat76
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malc wrote:
Quote:
Wonder if it's the Pocket GPS World database?

Also saw on ebay someone saying they would e-mail a link to a site for £1.50. Rolling Eyes

Sounds like that other con whereby you were bidding on "how to get a free phone" and all you got for your money was a link to a site and you 'might' have to wait up to 3 months before you got the phone!!!
In the meantime.......
dodgydodgy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: POI update Reply with quote

schildy wrote:
Drove up to Birmingham today and can report that it piked out every camera on that beloved M42 stretch. Top piece of s/w. Next will be trying to sort out all the petrol stations that are BP. Thi is fun :D :D :D
Be careful, it actually picks out one more than is really there, and misses one near the M6 going north.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 3 of 11

Jump to: