Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Speedtrap Alert for Android (Split from CamerAlert Thread re
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Speedtrap Alert for Android (Split from CamerAlert Thread re
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 39, 40, 41  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Speedtrap Alert (STA)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leo_A
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weekly means every 7 days after the last update. When the app starts, it checks database last update time, and if there is more than 7 days from now, then it updates. If you update it manually, next update shifts for 7 days.
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, right, so I update manually Thursday morning (as the database is updated Wednesday evening) and it will need no further manual intervention.

Very Happy
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kremmen wrote:
Ah, right, so I update manually Thursday morning (as the database is updated Wednesday evening) and it will need no further manual intervention.

Very Happy

I'm changing release day to Fridays... Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting your own back Very Happy
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kremmen wrote:
Getting your own back Very Happy

Then I'm gonna change it to Monday Laughing Out Loud
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennis, help Gun Shoot Out
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
ROBBIE_1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:35 pm    Post subject: Speed Trap Alert App & camera locations in Northern Irel Reply with quote

Hello folks, I apologise if I have hijacked this thread so sincerest apologies in advance if so, please have a moderator move this comment and please provide a link or follow up. I can’t remember when I joined this site but it is many years ago as I log in and pay a subscription every so often so I would like to ask a question I do not very often comment on here or log in but I do follow what is the best situation for my needs regarding the camera database which is invaluable.
I have been using my trusty Garmin drive smart 65 as it is the only device that allows custom POIS but I have been reading about Pocket world heading towards this new phone app called speed trap alert. Reason for my question I was going to buy a tom to go discover 7'' and sell my Garmin. Will the Speed trap alert work the exact same on my samsung s21 ultra in the background as it does on my Garmin the only reason why I have kept the Garmin is because of my speed camera database works on the Garmin and tom tom have locked that feature out as they wat you to subscribe to a yearly subscription and there are no mobile speed traps listed on tom tom devices only static? Next question. I had a look at the speed camera map and I see there a whole lot of mobile speed trap locations not listed on Northern Ireland roads does this mean the community in Northern Ireland has dwindled and there are not enough subscribers in NI to report the cameras as I travel from Belfast to Londonderry and I notice 4 locations which are not showing when I use the report camera map on Pocket world web site, the camera van will appear one time then disappear for a month then as if by magic it is positioned a good distance before the bend so any unsuspecting motorist would be pegged I think these locations should be added as I have submitted two locations but I see you need others to corroborate before it is added to the database only problem is if there are not enough people in NI reporting the cameras how does that situation work as I would be willing to submit these locations if they get added to the database can anyone advise..
Back to the Speed trap Alert app it was a whole learning curve following the instructions to have the STA app work in the background on my Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra and give audible warnings via the car speakers I will subscribe again for another year and see how it goes.
Please don’t shoot me down I don’t often post on the site so apologies good people and so sorry if I have caused any annoyance if so report me to a moderator or have this post moved to the appropriate thread.
Leo_A
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

STA has trial period of 3 weeks when it is fully functional including background mode. Test it first. If 3 weeks not enough, you can uninstall it and install again for next 3 weeks, and so on.
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just travelled 30 miles.

Pending my new car with Android Auto I setup my Samsung Galaxy S10 with Google Maps navigation in the foreground and STA running in the background, auto triggered, permission allow always.

After about 15 mins STA locked up with a frozen alert banner across the screen. Because I was running Google Maps the alert banner wasn't top of screen like with the speedo display but just above the middle.

Rebooted phone, just ran STA, speedo screen, and all OK for the rest of the journey.

All camera type popup banner set to none, let's see what happens Sunday morning when I return.
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
marksfish
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leo_A wrote:
Hi.

Next STA beta version 1.2.04 (code 93).
New in this version: direct "over-the-air" update of PGPSW database. No longer necessary to download zip file every time.

Newly installed app needs only step 3 to enter credentials.

Hi Leo

This looks like a great addition and I have just downloaded the file, thanks Very Happy
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Leo_A

STA locked up again.

STA will not run in the background for me with Google Navigation running in the foreground and Google displayed. I'm using satellite view.

I get one or two STA alerts and that's it.

I can't give any more detailed info as I'm driving and on a motorway when this occurs.

What I did manage to do was close Google Nav so I had the home screen with the STA icon in view, which had no "1" notification so it was not running.

When I tapped the STA icon all I got was a black screen with the blue STA icon in the centre so it refused to startup.

When I rebooted the phone STA auto start didn't recognise this so had to be manually started.

Without GM running STA is fine.
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :

Last edited by Kremmen on Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:31 am; edited 1 time in total
beermatt
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leo_A wrote:
New in this version: direct "over-the-air" update of PGPSW database. No longer necessary to download zip file every time.

Brilliant - the last "missing" feature compared to CamerAlert Clap Thumbs Up
italights
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leo_A wrote:
Hi.

Newly installed app needs only step 3 to enter credentials.

How do I get the beta version? Mine is 1.2.03 ? When I press update database nothing happens.
Leo_A
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kremmen wrote:
@Leo_A

STA locked up again.

STA will not run in the background for me with Google Navigation running in the foreground and Google displayed. I'm using satellite view.

Without GM running STA is fine.

You're not the first I heard this from..
Seems, that happens on premium Samsung S -series.
Don't know what to suggest now.

This weekend I drove 130 km with Samsung A52 and A30 (both Android 11 powered) with STA in the background specially for long test. There were no problems.

It may happen (in future) that the only way of guaranteed cooperative work of two apps are splitted screen or picture-in-picture mode.
Leo_A
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

italights wrote:

How do I get the beta version? Mine is 1.2.03 ? When I press update database nothing happens.

Open this link in your phone:
https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.aleprojects.speedtrapalert

it will suggest you to join beta-channel. Then latest beta-version will be available for you.

Or wait for several days, I'll promote current beta to production.

In-app-purchase is kept in both variants.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Speedtrap Alert (STA) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 29 of 41

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Make a Donation

CamerAlert Database

Click here for the PocketGPSWorld.com Speed Camera Database

Download Speed Camera Database
22.034 (27 Mar 24)

WORLDWIDE SPEED CAMERA SPOTTERS WANTED!

Click here to submit camera positions to the PocketGPSWorld.com Speed Camera Database

12mth Subscriber memberships awarded every week for verified new camera reports!

Submit Speed Camera Locations Now

CamerAlert Apps

iOS QR Code

Android QR Code

© Terms & Privacy

GPS Shopping