Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Invalid map (10111) error - part map download on iPhone
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Invalid map (10111) error - part map download on iPhone

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Apple
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:29 pm    Post subject: Invalid map (10111) error - part map download on iPhone Reply with quote

Hi,
I'm getting an issue with a possibly corrupted map download - UK Central is only showing 3Mb when it should be 378Mb. It won't run or let me navigate to through it. I've a a big swathe of emptiness across the country and it can't find any locations.

This is on an iPhone 11 pro running the latest TT Go Navigation app.

Trying to delete UK Central gives 'invalid map (10111) error. It won't let me add it as it thinks it's already there... UK North & South updated OK and work.

TT Support (outsourced company rather than actually Tomtom) were hopeless this morning as they either say they don't support mobile app or then try to charge me £149+VAT for lifetime updates when I'm on the subscription paid iPhone app... They cut the support chat off and then rang me which was a waste of time and we agreed to disagree...

I looked at the "Half Map' thread and it suggests deleting the app but the confirmation box says this deletes all the data - will I lose all the 'MyPlaces' and other stuff? I've got my phone backed up but would a restore just put back the broken map?

Cheers,
Andy
Apple
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem solved by deleting app and reinstalling Smile Activating it beings back My Places. I can now venture through the Midlands again... ;)
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Apple,

Glad that you managed to get things working again by deleting the app and trying again.

As you have discovered, My Places is stored in your TomTom account so the individual locations are still there.

However, as a long term TomTom user I see My Places as a slight step up from Favourites and I have never trusted Favourites! This is the reason why I keep all of my 1,000s of POIs in their respective POI categories and only keep the current top 10 or 20 used POIs in My Places, so my own My Places is fairly fluid.

I keep my POIs in Master Lists in MS Excel (i.e. longitude; latidue; name; telephone; dates of creation & update; URLs of POI in Google maps, TomTom, Here, Open Street Map; etc) and then convert Master Lists to .OV2 format for storing in POI Viewer which is a POI Manager that can send a destination to the TomTom GO iOS app as well as other SatNav apps on your iPhone.

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
Apple
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the info - I used to keep the data in external files when I used my old TT 920 and always had to remember to copy the config data file over when doing any upgrades so that it kept your settings...

Unless I went through each point in My Places and plotted them on another map to get their Lat/Lon positions which could take a while, I think I'll keep them as they are for now with the resync from the server.

I remember the POI manager one probably an earlier version for dealing with files on my original TT Go - that must be going back a lot of years now... ;)

Andy

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: