Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom GO Brodit Mount review
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom GO Brodit Mount review
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:31 pm    Post subject: TomTom GO Brodit Mount review Reply with quote

Brodit are well known for their mounting systems for PDAs and other mobile devices. With the introduction of the TomTom GO there was obviously an opportunity to create a fixed mount rather than the windscreen suction mount provided with the GO. This mount is priced at £19.99 including VAT, but you will also need a vehicle specific ProClip.

The UK Brodit distributors Nemesis graciously provided me with a review sample of the mount from the first batch to enter the UK. Have Brodit come up with the perfect mount for the TomTom GO?

Click here to read the review and find out what I thought of it.

I have used it in my Ford Probe let us know what cars you have used it in and how it performed for you.
justallwoman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The replacement mount that comes with the external antenna kit for TomTom Go does exactly what you say you would like it to do Thumbs Up .
Penny
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:15 am    Post subject: TomTom GO Brodit Mount review revisited Reply with quote

Back in October I reviewed a Brodit mount for the TomTom Go. Since then Brodit have two more mounts for the TomTom Go with slightly different designs. This new review will look at all three mounts the pros and cons of each design, and present a personal opinion of the best of the bunch.

Brodit are well known for their mounting systems for PDAs and other mobile devices. With the introduction of the TomTom GO there was obviously an opportunity to create a fixed mount rather than the windscreen suction mount provided with the GO.

Both Brodit and their UK distributors Nemesis graciously provided me with review samples of the mounts from the first batches to leave the production lines. Have Brodit now come up with the perfect mount for the TomTom GO? Click here to read the full review
ak
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just read the new Brodit mount reviews - I guess what you deem the best one cannot be used with the external antenna kit? - can you confirm as I don;t have the external antenna kit yet. In lieu of this, I guess you would use the second kit.

I like to use this in my new car, I want the external antenna plugged in and have the Go mounted around the central air vents or close by.
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ak wrote:
Just read the new Brodit mount reviews - I guess what you deem the best one cannot be used with the external antenna kit? - can you confirm as I don;t have the external antenna kit yet. In lieu of this, I guess you would use the second kit.

That is correct the 215038 has it's own clip in base for the go to sit on. None of the original GO mount parts are used for this solution
pjwy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeB wrote:
ak wrote:

That is correct the 215038 has it's own clip in base for the go to sit on. None of the original GO mount parts are used for this solution

Mike....

Am expecting to buy the TTGO this month but I've a heated windscreen in my X type Jaguar so expect will need the TT antenna.
Just to clarify re the mounts..which is the mount number I should get (from your three review) to accomodate the external antenna base? Am I right in thinking it's the one you voted 'second'?
Also,would you think that the antenna attachment would be OK placed in the far right side (drivers side)of the windscreen as there appears to be no heating elements for about a width of 4 or 5 inches there?

Sorry to be so thick..but it's all new to this oldie! pj.
StanStill
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not necessarily pjwy, I have a Ford Focus with a heated windscreen like yours and I can get a good signal if I mount the TTG in the far right corner of the screen.

You can always buy an external aerial later
pjwy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StanStill wrote:
Not necessarily pjwy, I have a Ford Focus with a heated windscreen like yours and I can get a good signal if I mount the TTG in the far right corner of the screen.

You can always buy an external aerial later

Yes that's true..I could try the TTGO as you say where the blank space is on the right of the screen.That said,I had rather hoped to put the unit lower down..like somewhere on a mount on the dash..so in this case would presumably need a ext antenna which should work like yo say to the right of the screen.Thanks.. pj.
StanStill
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats fair comment but I have found that the position on the far right of the windscreen is better anyway as it means that you don't have to move your eyes off the road very much when you want to confirm the layout of a junction on your Tom Tom.

Enjoy it anyway, I do.
pjwy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StanStill wrote:
Thats fair comment but I have found that the position on the far right of the windscreen is better anyway as it means that you don't have to move your eyes off the road very much when you want to confirm the layout of a junction on your Tom Tom.

Enjoy it anyway, I do.

Thanks..I'll certainly try the Go on the right side like you suggest first before I do anything else. pj.
russgunn
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 215038 does not work with the new range of GO's. At least it doesn't with my GO 700.
jmk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

russgunn wrote:
The 215038 does not work with the new range of GO's. At least it doesn't with my GO 700.

Oo-er... can somebody please let me know if the 215038 works OK with the TTG 300 as I have just ordered one from www.gpsforless.co.uk
Thanks.... John.
russgunn
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure about the 300 mate. All I know is that when you put the 700 on the 215038 it forces the cover off the front of the unit. Handnav.co.uk confirmed it wouldn't work when I enquired and I've exchanged it for the 215027.

Best wait until it arrives and gently try and connect it.
jmk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

russgunn wrote:
Best wait until it arrives and gently try and connect it.

Thanks russgunn,
I would rather stop the shipment, if I can, if there is going to be a problem.
I just hope that www.gpsforless.co.uk read this forum and stop my order.
I am sure they do read this forum as it is the best one around for TT... :D
John Knight
BrummyGit
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:45 pm    Post subject: 215039 not compatible with new GO range Reply with quote

I just bought a 215039 to use with my GO 700, but it appears that the suction mount has been changed since the classic, and as a result the section you have to re-use with the 215039 is no compatible.

So now I just need to buy an old mount - anyone have one?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: