Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Installing speedcam database on new Audi Q5 MMI
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Installing speedcam database on new Audi Q5 MMI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pev
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:03 pm    Post subject: Installing speedcam database on new Audi Q5 MMI Reply with quote

Can anyone advise me if its possible to install the speed cam database on a late 2018 Audi Q5 with the latest touchpad MMI.
According to the manual it is possible to import Audi special destinations in two ways, either via an online update or via an SD card.
Unfortunately the detail of how to go about this is sketchy at the least.
It also does not say what format the poi should be.

According to various forums it has been possible to do this on older Audi's.

If anyone has a new Audi with the latest MMI and has successfully managed to import their own poi's I would be very interested to know how they did it.

Audi UK customer services were not much help either.
sramsay
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Installing speedcam database on new Audi Q5 MMI Reply with quote

Pev wrote:
Can anyone advise me if its possible to install the speed cam database on a late 2018 Audi Q5 with the latest touchpad MMI.
According to the manual it is possible to import Audi special destinations in two ways, either via an online update or via an SD card.

If anyone has a new Audi with the latest MMI and has successfully managed to import their own poi's I would be very interested to know how they did it.

It used to be possible via the MyAudi site until they "upgraded" it and effectively removed all the functionality!

Complain to Audi customer services as it's been down for about 6 months and all they say is upgrade is still in progress....

See here for how you would do it:
http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php/175675-Import-Speed-camera-locations-new-Q7?highlight=pocketgps
sramsay
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:11 am    Post subject: Re: Installing speedcam database on new Audi Q5 MMI Reply with quote

sramsay wrote:
Pev wrote:

It used to be possible via the MyAudi site until they "upgraded" it and effectively removed all the functionality!

Complain to Audi customer services as it's been down for about 6 months and all they say is upgrade is still in progress....

See here for how you would do it:
http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php/175675-Import-Speed-camera-locations-new-Q7?highlight=pocketgps

After a bit of searching, found how to do it and documented here:
http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php/190008-Speed-Camera-Locations-in-MMI-and-Virtual-Cockpit
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great info, but does it work? Please let us know.
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Difficult to work out who's saying what with multiple quotes. A thread full of deja vue
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
SimonAudi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Installing speedcam database on new Audi Q5 MMI Reply with quote

Pev wrote:

Yes it is possible - This video shows you how ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBZhTBO2S38

Hope it helps..
Pev
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:51 am    Post subject: Re: Installing speedcam database on new Audi Q5 MMI Reply with quote

SimonAudi wrote:
Pev wrote:

Yes it is possible - This video shows you how ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBZhTBO2S38

Hello Simon,
Thanks for that information. I have just followed the clear instructions and have now installed the latest camera database. You only get 5 categories with a max of 5000 poi's in each category with the free version of POIbase (the software you need to install poi's on the Audi MMI system) but it is only 5 euros to install the full version which then allows up to 30 categories with a max of 30,000 in each category. I also installed the National Trust, English Heritage etc & Caravan Club sites.
Note that the Audi MMI satnav system will only allow you to display 10 categories on the map at any one time.
Thanks again.
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent stuff, very much obliged. Going to give it a try
Yzord
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did it today on my 2018 SQ5. Works perfect, although the PGPSW map is not really updated for my city/country, but that's another issue.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: