Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - The Speed Ticket That Cost His Family A Fortune
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

The Speed Ticket That Cost His Family A Fortune

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Non-Technical Speed Camera Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RobBrady
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:32 pm    Post subject: The Speed Ticket That Cost His Family A Fortune Reply with quote

pocketgpsworld.com
Source

Get Speed Camera Warnings For SatNavs
Get Speed Camera Warnings For iOS (iPhone and iPad)
Get Speed Camera Warnings For Android (phones and tablets)

A man has spent £30,000 fighting a speed ticket. He did this despite his comment that he was "pretty certain", as opposed to "certain", that he was innocent.

The fine dates back to a Christmas shopping trip in 2016 when, according to the courts, he was caught driving at 36mph in a 30mph zone.

Worcester man, 71-year-old Richard Keedwell, then acted on information from a friend of a friend - an RAF man who had experience with radar cameras in the 1960s. After seeing the photo evidence, he told Mr. Keedwell that a double doppler effect may have happened where a radar beam bounces off one object onto another.

That was all the aggrieved man needed to spring into action. He wasn't going to roll over on the £100 fine.

He said: "There was a Volkswagen Golf in the middle lane of New Road while I was on the right. If some of the beam bounces off that car onto mine, it causes a distorted camera reading."

After four visits to Worcester Magistrates' Court and a subsequent appeal, he lost. The judge asked: "Why is my time being wasted with this?"

In what I believe to contain a certain level of understatement, Mr. Keedwell said: "My wife has a degree of frustration."

His 37 and 42 year old children still live at home as they can't afford their own houses - his eldest asked him: "Why do you bloody bother?"
email icon

M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this thread not deserve a title Rob?
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did see this yesterday and I tried to add a title to save Rob's blushes, but I got the message "The html tags you attempted to use are not allowed". The post has html in it for position of the image and non-staff are not allowed to post html tags.
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
RobBrady
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aha, I know what the problem was - the £ symbol that I used in the title. The forum post accepted the title without the £, but the front page wasn't playing ball at all Confused

Thanks for the heads up, now fixed!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Non-Technical Speed Camera Discussions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: