Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Seat Ateca GPS and Pocket GPS World database
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Seat Ateca GPS and Pocket GPS World database

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
geoffwt
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:43 pm    Post subject: Seat Ateca GPS and Pocket GPS World database Reply with quote

Just bought an Ateca with the SEAT Navi System Plus satnav. Previously used TomTom with the ov2 database. I understand that the Ateca can have its POI's added but can't find a definitive way, only oddball ones needing payment for unknown databases. Any ideas would be MOST welcome.
Geoff
Member since 06
Axel905
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, you load pois into the headunit via a USB or sd card. However to do this you need to create a database in the format readable by the headunit. It's actually sql lite. VW Germany use to host the app that did this creation. This was the only way to have an audible tone when approaching a speedcamera. Unfortunately vw have taken down the Sammlung (companion) app, from all links.

Some 3rd party developers are working on a replacement app, which will do exactly what the vw app did and allow for the poi and tone files to be loaded.

Here is one:
http://poinspect0r.blogspot.com/

I have no connection to this and I think you have to pay for the app, but I have been informed that it does exactly what the vw app did.

I have actually written a personal app that creates a poi file readable by the vw headunit and these generate a tone when you approach the camera. I know some will say that the tone is poor because it beeps when you are quite close to the camera, but to be honest it's been brilliant for me. I don't speed, but I'm sure I creep above speed limits, so a tone about 30 metres away and a visible camera in my nav just prompts me and I respond accordingly. It's all integrated and adds that bit extra to the nav.

on vw headunit they support carnet wifi, which allows users to export csv files like those in pocketgps direct to the headunit, but I don't think seat support that, so you have to convert the pocketgos csv files to a readable format, by using an app like the one listed above and then physically importing it to the headunit via a USB or sd.

Hope this helps.
Axel
Dasalias
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:41 am    Post subject: New Seat Navigation System Speed Cameras Reply with quote

Axel905 wrote:
Hi, you load pois into the headunit via a USB or sd card. However to do this you need to create a database in the format readable by the headunit. It's actually sql lite. VW Germany use to host the app that did this creation. This was the only way to have an audible tone when approaching a speedcamera. Unfortunately vw have taken down the Sammlung (companion) app, from all links.

Some 3rd party developers are working on a replacement app, which will do exactly what the vw app did and allow for the poi and tone files to be loaded.

Here is one:
http://poinspect0r.blogspot.com/

I have no connection to this and I think you have to pay for the app, but I have been informed that it does exactly what the vw app did.

I have actually written a personal app that creates a poi file readable by the vw headunit and these generate a tone when you approach the camera. I know some will say that the tone is poor because it beeps when you are quite close to the camera, but to be honest it's been brilliant for me. I don't speed, but I'm sure I creep above speed limits, so a tone about 30 metres away and a visible camera in my nav just prompts me and I respond accordingly. It's all integrated and adds that bit extra to the nav.

on vw headunit they support carnet wifi, which allows users to export csv files like those in pocketgps direct to the headunit, but I don't think seat support that, so you have to convert the pocketgos csv files to a readable format, by using an app like the one listed above and then physically importing it to the headunit via a USB or sd.

Hope this helps.
Axel

I have bought a new Seat Ateca (MY20). It has the Seat Navigation System with the new digital head unit, as fitted to the Seat Tarraco. It appears that Seat have disabled the ability to add custom POI's, therefore, the POInspector procedure no longer works (confirmed by the POInspector author). I can advise that the POI SD Card I created from POInspector and successfully used in my previous 2016 Ateca now gives an error message.

It remains to be seen if anyone can find a way to circumvent the "block" imposed by Seat.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: