Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - GPS Week Number Rollover [WNRO]
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

GPS Week Number Rollover [WNRO]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
arfurdent
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 6:18 am    Post subject: Re: GPS Week Number Rollover [WNRO] Reply with quote

entwood wrote:
M8TJT wrote:
DeLorean wrote:
entwood wrote:
DeLorean wrote:
entwood wrote:
All 3 TT GO 700's ((M5) working perfectly on a 3 hour drive ...

OS 9.051 Europe_west 1025_9386 (my preferred version),
OS 9.541 Europe_west 1025_9386 (latest SE offering from here),
OS 7.903 Western_europe 660.1219 (original off the CD !!)

So no problems with the device at all, so far !! Having done the research I'll now be putting all three back to OS 9.051 Europe_west 1025_9386 as IMHO it's the one that works best, for me

There is a 95% chance that I won't be needing one of these anyhow, as I have changed the car to an Audi with a built in system , and it seems it can be kept up-to-date easily ...we wait and see.. Wife and kids will still use the Go 700's so you wont see the back of me ... yet ......

So it seems that it was all much of a Y2000 all over again .... nowt happened !!
Do you have RDS-TMC functioning in full x40 emulation using Navcore 9.541?
On my 910's I can only get it working using X40light emulation which is a little frustrating.
Everything else including the old RF remote works flawlessly.
Sorry, no RDS-TMC or x40 emulation on any of these Go700's.. and now all running 9.051 quite happily Smile
So when running Navcore 9.541 SE on your 700's which emulation were you using?
Surely 9.051 suffers from the WNRO bug as it's an ancient Navcore?
Are you two trying to set the record for totally unnecessary nested quotes?
There, Ill help you along a bit and clutter up the thread a bit more Rolling Eyes

Easy answer .... bye Smile If trying to help folks gets this sort of response the question is asked .. why bother ?? and the answer is ... "don't waste your time on idiots"

LIKE Exclamation
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Cat and pigeons' springs to mind yet again K. Rolling Eyes
justbrowsing
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
Oh please NO! Let’s not sink to the level of like buttons.

So you'd rather see a forum thread cluttered up with maybe 50% or more posts just saying thanks/like??!!
Surely keeping a thread clean & concise (so easy to read & follow) with minimum irrelevant "thanks" posts is a good thing, no Question
justbrowsing
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: GPS Week Number Rollover [WNRO] Reply with quote

arfurdent wrote:
entwood wrote:
M8TJT wrote:
DeLorean wrote:
entwood wrote:
DeLorean wrote:
entwood wrote:
All 3 TT GO 700's ((M5) working perfectly on a 3 hour drive ...

OS 9.051 Europe_west 1025_9386 (my preferred version),
OS 9.541 Europe_west 1025_9386 (latest SE offering from here),
OS 7.903 Western_europe 660.1219 (original off the CD !!)

So no problems with the device at all, so far !! Having done the research I'll now be putting all three back to OS 9.051 Europe_west 1025_9386 as IMHO it's the one that works best, for me

There is a 95% chance that I won't be needing one of these anyhow, as I have changed the car to an Audi with a built in system , and it seems it can be kept up-to-date easily ...we wait and see.. Wife and kids will still use the Go 700's so you wont see the back of me ... yet ......

So it seems that it was all much of a Y2000 all over again .... nowt happened !!
Do you have RDS-TMC functioning in full x40 emulation using Navcore 9.541?
On my 910's I can only get it working using X40light emulation which is a little frustrating.
Everything else including the old RF remote works flawlessly.
Sorry, no RDS-TMC or x40 emulation on any of these Go700's.. and now all running 9.051 quite happily Smile
So when running Navcore 9.541 SE on your 700's which emulation were you using?
Surely 9.051 suffers from the WNRO bug as it's an ancient Navcore?
Are you two trying to set the record for totally unnecessary nested quotes?
There, Ill help you along a bit and clutter up the thread a bit more Rolling Eyes

Easy answer .... bye Smile If trying to help folks gets this sort of response the question is asked .. why bother ?? and the answer is ... "don't waste your time on idiots"

LIKE Exclamation

LIKE Laughing
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now your'e just being silly JB.
Like Laughing

justbrowsing wrote:
Surely keeping a thread clean & concise (so easy to read & follow) with minimum irrelevant "thanks" posts is a good thing, no Question
Yes, which was also the cut and thrust of my 'quotegate' fracas.
And note my partial quote of only the relevant text.
molerat
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it seems the community have come to the rescue and fixed the problem of TT apathy for some unsupported units. My One V3 has been out for a short test and worked flawlessly, will do a longer test later and pass it on to 2 others for testing. https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1649638#Comment_1649638 using a file downloaded from http://rima-lock.com/tomtom-urban-rider-K3-WNRO-fix.htm The K4 version works for me.
DeLorean
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The glgps file fix has been known about since late last year when Navcore 9.541 was released.
It's only suitable for devices with the GL2 GPS chip.
The same fix can but used on appropriate TomTom Navcore models for users who don't wish to update their Navcore version.
Unfortunately TomTom appear to have deserted Navcore 7.903 devices.... although TomTom are still knocking out the “We are working to see if an update is possible and will contact you when there is news.” email to try and get users to buy new inferior devices.
The SiRFstarIII GPS chip (NMEA output) does not have a problem with the WNRO, the problem is in the 7.903 Navcore.
However using an emulated version of Navcore 9.541 on SiRFstarIII devices like x10 and TomTom One v1 models works around the problem.
I have several 910's running perfectly as X40 units... even the original remote works perfectly.
The only gremlin is that RDS-TMC no longer works... because of this I've now bought a couple of 940s as I want traffic info.
Surprisingly the 910s run Navcore 9.541 as fast as the genuine 940 devices... so definitely a path worth following if you don’t wish to buy a new device or want to wave two fingers at TomTom.
molerat
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been out again today, fairly heavy overcast and rain showers. Clock working OK but max 5 satellites and took a while for initial lock. Did a pin reset but no improvement. Lost it at one stage but picked up again after a minute or so. Actual position accuracy was quite a way off.
pcaouolte
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeLorean wrote:
The only gremlin is that RDS-TMC no longer works... because of this I've now bought a couple of 940s as I want traffic info.

Have a look at the file called mctx.dat on the tomtom running 9.541. Does it contain "11111", "22222", "22220" or a string of random characters? This file tells the tomtom which RDS-TMC providers it is permitted to access. The format changed in different versions of Navcore.
DeLorean
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem isn't with the mctx.dat... it doesn’t even acknowledge you have a RDS-TMC adaptor attached.
The RDS-TMC on the x10 models was an odd one out as other models used USB, whereas the x10 used a serial connection.
You can get is working using the x30 emulation, but the emulation doesn't run very well on x10s.
The mctx.dat file format on newer Navcores is very different to the older simple string of 5 number switches. It contains the encryption keys to decode the TMC data from the various carriers of the data.
On my old 910s I used 11110 which gave me very good UK (and across Europe) TMC coverage from the Trafficmaster system as Classic FM coverage is poor country wide, however I can’t get the same level of TMC coverage on the x40 despite trying lots of alternative mctx.dat files Sad
If anyone knows of a super mctx.dat file that unlocks access to all TMC providers could please let me know Smile
DeLorean
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's finally happened... a clever spark has recently created a custom mctx.dat file that allows TomTom RDS-TMC receivers to decrypt all radio channels carrying TMC data (across Europe) that are natively supported by TomTom devices.
The RDS-TMC adapter on my 940 was pretty much useless since EVER... now locks onto a TMC enabled radio station in minutes Smile

Using the new custom mctx.dat file enables TMC data reception from the following providers:
• Australia - Intelematics (SUNA) [VIC, ACT, NSW, QLD, SA, WA, TAS, NT]
• Belgium - Be-Mobile
• Canada - Total Traffic & Weather Network (iHeartRadio, formerly Clear Channel)
• Croatia - TrafficNav
• Finland - MediaMobile (V-Traffic), previously Destia
• France - MediaMobile (V-Traffic)
• France - ViaMichelin
• Germany - HERE Traffic (DE), previously TMCPro
• Hungary - TrafficNav
• Ireland - TrafficNav
• Italy - Infoblu
• Luxembourg - Be-Mobile
• Mexico - Total Traffic & Weather Network (iHeartRadio, formerly Clear Channel)
• Netherlands - ANWB
• Netherlands - Be-Mobile
• Norway - MediaMobile (V-Traffic), previously Destia
• Poland - MediaMobile (V-Traffic), previously Destia
• Portugal - TrafficNav
• Puerto Rico - Total Traffic & Weather Network (iHeartRadio, formerly Clear Channel)
• Romania - TrafficNav
• Slovenia - TrafficNav
• South Africa - Altech Netstar
• Sweden - MediaMobile (V-Traffic), previously Destia
• UK - INRIX, previously ITIS
• UK - TrafficMaster
• USA - Total Traffic & Weather Network (iHeartRadio, formerly Clear Channel)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: