Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Cameras Catch Over 1000 In First 8 Months
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Cameras Catch Over 1000 In First 8 Months

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Non-Technical Speed Camera Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RobBrady
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:19 am    Post subject: Cameras Catch Over 1000 In First 8 Months Reply with quote

pocketgpsworld.com
Source

Get Speed Camera Warnings For SatNavs
Get Speed Camera Warnings For iOS (iPhone and iPad)
Get Speed Camera Warnings For Android (phones and tablets)

Over a thousand speeding motorists have been ticketed by just one new set of average speed cameras in Fylde, Lancashire.

From early March until the 7th November last year 1,163 were caught breaking the 50mph speed limit on the A583 Preston New Road.

The fastest vehicle that was recorded was allegedly been drove at 78mph.

Records show that 47 per cent of those caught were speeding at 60 to 70mph, and 2.3 per cent at 70 to 78mph.

The Lancashire Road Safety Partnership chose point-to-point speed cameras, as opposed to fixed devices, to monitor the stretch as they say that "motorist compliance has consistently improved on a variety of road types using the system in other parts of the UK".

The MP for Fylde, Mark Menzies said: "I would expect the number of people caught speeding to reduce over time as it becomes patently clear that you cannot get away with driving dangerously along that road."

He added: "If future figures show a reduction in accidents, and a reduction in the number of people caught speeding, then the cameras will have served their purpose."

Local councillor Liz Oades commented: "I think there were near to 40 fatalities in the last 30 years, and I know that is a long period of time, but it is an awful lot of fatalities. It used to be a known accident spot, but since we have done all these changes to the road and re-engineered it and put in the speed cameras I think the accident rate has reduced, which must be welcomed."
email icon

bmuskett
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like the headline writer doesn't understand average speed cameras either "...caught by a single camera".

And although I admit to being a grammar and spelling pedant, I try hard to resist pointing them out, but in this case, "been drove"?
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bmuskett wrote:
Looks like the headline writer doesn't understand average speed cameras either "...caught by a single camera".

And although I admit to being a grammar and spelling pedant, I try hard to resist pointing them out, but in this case, "been drove"?

Slight pedant here too Wink One could possibly argue that the 1st camera you pass just logs the date/time/position and then when you pass the 2nd (or subsequent) camera and it detects you've been speeding then you've been "caught by that camera" Very Happy (sorry.... not sorry)
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[pedantry]She only 'thinks' "the accident rate has been reduced." Is it not the job of someone who quotes 'facts and figures' to know what they are talking about after all that taxpayers' money has been spent on road safety?[/pedantry]
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as the fines are going to good use.

Of course, as well as the fine, assuming they can find the driver, their insurance should rise nicely as well.
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Non-Technical Speed Camera Discussions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: