Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Help needed regarding Satnav App which gives lane instructio
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Help needed regarding Satnav App which gives lane instructio

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raza_ali
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 10:41 am    Post subject: Help needed regarding Satnav App which gives lane instructio Reply with quote

Dear friends
Please advise me which sat nav app to buy which can give me lane by lane instructions driving on UK roads. Since most of the lanes on UK roads are dedicated near junctions, I find it very confusing when I am in an area not familiar to me in UK. So I need an app which gives me basic instructions telling me to keep in left, centre or right lane as I am approaching various turns and junctions.
I have tried a few apps like Waze and Google maps but they simply tell me to turn here and there after about let's say a 100 yards but don't give me instructions whether I should be in a particular lane or not.
So please help me in recommending an app which has this feature of lane guidance as I drive on in unfamiliar areas
Thanks and kind regards
Allan_whoops
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most the ones that have this have a cost attached. I use Co-Pilot having tried most of them. Sygic is fine. You want ones where you download the maps onto your device rather than using data which is fine until you come across a dead zone. The UK has fifth world mobile coverage (i.e. far worse than third world countries where you can get a perfect signal miles from anywhere).
Raza_ali
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much Allan for your prompt reply. Cost is not an issue. I need convenience as it is a headache when I find myself in wrong lanes only to turn around later and wasting my time. Do you recommend Copilot and does it have lane by lane instructions as your drive along focusing on driving
sussamb
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't comment on apps but Garmin satnavs give lane directions at many but not all junctions. Your best bet is to look further ahead when you're driving and use the information from your satnav or app in conjunction with road signs to ensure you are in the correct lane in time, after all we mostly managed to drive without satnavs/apps and using paper maps so it can be done Very Happy
Raza_ali
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much sussamb. I agree with your suggestion but sometimes in heavy rush hours with bumper to bumper traffic specially in unfamiliar areas, I get caught up in wrong lanes and distant visibility is reduced by piles of cars all around you
Allan_whoops
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Co-pilot does. You can also pay to have traffic information and re-routing. Ilike it because you can customise it to the route you prefer to take i.e. no directing down single track lanes.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: