Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Jeremy Clarkson Says Speeding Makes You Clever
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Jeremy Clarkson Says Speeding Makes You Clever
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Non-Technical Speed Camera Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The expression dear Kremmen is not 'Don't feel the troll' but 'Don't feed the troll'. Joker
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tablet keyboard Embarassed
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, Competent Tablet Keyboard.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Davidonly
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
All these speeders make me shudder. Here I am minding my own business when suddenly a brilliant driver rockets past out of nowhere Burn In Hell and blasts my van sideways with his/her slipstream. At least the police Range Rovers do it with blue lights and sirens warning me to hang onto my hat. Driving

I've searched my Acronym website database and find MLM is Mailing List Manager, E46M3 is Not Found, 30mph DC's doesn't register either (well it does, Direct Current but I can't see the relevance). Anybody offer anything intelligible please?

Footnote to brilliant drivers - Please let the rest of us into your secret codeword world of brilliance by occasionally inserting the full thingy.

MLM Middle Lane Moron Smile or anyone who ever says 'fast lane' !
Davidonly
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kremmen wrote:
M8 posted the key here ..... Don't feel the troll

He knows far more than the experts and will wind up in a hospital, or worse, because he knows best. Someone will do something unexpected and he will be travelling too fast to react.

What's 'too fast'? please help me understand how YOU work that out? I know how I do it: It's based on forward visibility, hazard analysis and understanding available traction plus some contingency. Who are these 'experts' you keep mentioning?

Also please remind me about the actual relationship between speed and accident rates. I believe the attributable percentage is around 5% (for exceeding the posted limit). So I think there is a lot more to staying out of hospital than observing a road sign with some random number stamped on it.

Please do feel free to THINK about this stuff rather than recycling stereotypical phrases and misleading gov't propaganda (and those from other anti car sources). It might result in an actual discussion.

Someone who disagrees with you is not a troll. I am steadfast in my understanding of the physics and facts associated with this topic and I am not simply posting contrary views to get a reaction. Honest.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don’t worry about it David, your competent car will keep you safe and sound.

sussamb
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing I doubt it. Like most drivers who think that way one day his time will come, just hope it's only himself he kills or injures. Not for nothing is speeding listed as one of the fatal four that cover the main causes of deaths and injuries.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davidonly wrote:
There are on average three lanes on a motorway - the inside lane, the middle lane morons lane and the BMW lane.

Davidonly
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
Davidonly wrote:
There are on average three lanes on a motorway - the inside lane, the middle lane morons lane and the BMW lane.

Laughing Out Loud - that's v clever.

However other aspects of your post are wrong.

Please try to understand the basics. Keep left unless over taking.

Lanes are numbered from left to right: lane 1, lane 2, lane 3, lane 4 etc.

My car has useful amounts of torque and power it's true. Although I did explain how 'thinking' relates to driving safely. Do I need to explain it in a different way? You seem to be struggling with the concept of skill and experience vs slavish adherence to some magic numbers on a sign.

I honestly believe that that approach to managing a great deal of kinetic energy is really not the best one to adopt - so I would contend the most likely candidates for accident and injury would be included within this group of people. They are over-simplifying the entire process. You are at risk of being in that group Sad

All it takes is a bit of thought. Safe progress cannot be measured in mph. I don't know why you think 'thinking' is dangerous. It's most perplexing.
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Admitting to owning a BMW and using it as part of your argument and a wanton disregard for speed limits unless forced by cameras tells me all I need to know.
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
Davidonly
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kremmen wrote:
Admitting to owning a BMW and using it as part of your argument and a wanton disregard for speed limits unless forced by cameras tells me all I need to know.

Grow up.
Davidonly
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
All these speeders make me shudder. Here I am minding my own business when suddenly a brilliant driver rockets past out of nowhere Burn In Hell and blasts my van sideways with his/her slipstream. At least the police Range Rovers do it with blue lights and sirens warning me to hang onto my hat. Driving

I've searched my Acronym website database and find MLM is Mailing List Manager, E46M3 is Not Found, 30mph DC's doesn't register either (well it does, Direct Current but I can't see the relevance). Anybody offer anything intelligible please?

Footnote to brilliant drivers - Please let the rest of us into your secret codeword world of brilliance by occasionally inserting the full thingy.

FYI Excessive speed differential while passing traffic is part of the hazard analysis I mentioned earlier. I avoid that y'know. It's easy. I do it in Germany too where there are no speed-limits. I really don't need the number on the sign to help me with all this 'thinking'.

You are all very quick to jump to conclusions here! There is a strange gathering of a certain type of holier than thou individual on this thread.

Do you folks all use dash-cams too? (That might help me jump to my own conclusions about the 'type' I am dealing with here)...
sussamb
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely have a dash cam so I can report drivers who drive dangerously. Every time I've done so the police have acted.

However getting back to your idea that you're so brilliant you can ignore traffic laws please just carry on but when you cock up, as one day you will, please just ensure you kill yourself and not others. Far too often I've attended RTCs where speeding was a factor and unfortunately more often than not it's the innocent who die and not the one who believed, like you, that his driving 'skill' was way beyond his actual ability. Ask 100 drivers whether they feel they are an above average driver and consistently you get around 90% who say they are, which means around one in every two who think they're above average actually must be below average. I suspect not only do you ignore speed limits but also other road laws, and any other law you feel is stupid. Anti social is the phrase that comes to mind, merry Christmas.
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davidonly wrote:
Kremmen wrote:

Grow up.

Exactly what I was trying to get across to you. Even though the figures here seem to be about 4 or 5 to 1 you persist that you want to break all limits with the attitude that you know better than the experts.

At least your replies are now down to one line instead of 'war and peace' to try and prove your point, and failing.
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
sussamb
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2390373/BMW-drivers-really-aggressive-drivers-prone-road-rage-wheel.html

Sums it up, any bets on what colour David has Wink

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Non-Technical Speed Camera Discussions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: