Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Incompatible database Zip file
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Incompatible database Zip file

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tikii
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:43 pm    Post subject: Incompatible database Zip file Reply with quote

About three weeks ago I was updating my Go1005 with the latest database through the TomTom MyDrive Connect applet.
I selected the downloaded database and clicked install as usual. It advised it was installing the database and after a few seconds the following message came up on the pc installation screen -"The zipped file contains files that cannot be used with your device. You must remove the incompatible files then try again".
My device shows that it is updating on its screen and continues to do so after the message appears and seems to complete successfully. I have had no problems with the operation of the database in daily use but am not sure if it has updated or not.
I have not changed my download settings on the GPSW site (OV2 speed zoned complete) as I use the 'Download same format button'.
I gat this message every time I try to update the database each week.
Does anyone have any ideas what may have caused this and do I need to uninstall the individual POI's and start again from scratch?
Thanks!
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:11 am    Post subject: Re: Incompatible database Zip file Reply with quote

tikii wrote:
Does anyone have any ideas what may have caused this
That's the easy bit. You seem to be downloading the wrong zip file. You should be downloading the Tom Tom I(My Tom Tom Zip) with the choice of 'By Type' or Speed Zoned'
Quote:
and do I need to uninstall the individual POI's and start again from scratch?
I have no idea, but what's for certain is that if you get that error message, your database is not being updated as you think. It's just as well to take notice of error messages and if you don't understand them, ask. Rolling Eyes
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The zip file, as well as the camera lat/long/description lines also contains header and footer lines.

It's often these header and footer lines that are the ones being referred to.

You must have done something different.
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:09 am    Post subject: Re: Incompatible database Zip file Reply with quote

tikii wrote:
I have not changed my download settings on the GPSW site (OV2 speed zoned complete) as I use the 'Download same format button'.
I gat this message every time I try to update the database each week.
Doing exactly the same thing usually produces exactly the same result. Very Happy

From what I understand, the 'standard' OV2 .zip file contains two .txt licence files, a 'release.txt' file and a 'need_help.htm' file, the 'My Tom Tom (Tom Tom Zip) does not have these files, and it's these files that are being objected to.

Of course, as a Garmin user, I could be miles wide of the mark. Rolling Eyes But this 'problem' has been documented here several times before (otherwise how would I know?).

What's pretty certain is that it is most likely that tikii is not getting his TT database updated like he thinks it is.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@tikii

On 30th August 2017 you changed from your normal 'TomTom (MyTomTom Zip)' download to 'TomTom OV2'

Next time don't use the 'same again' button but choose the options step by step.

For info you usually downlaoded the UK Speed Zoned Complete, included pMobiles and chose no to voice files.

#BigBrotherIsWatching

MaFt
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So my wild stab in the dark was just about 100% spot on then. Very Happy
tikii
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:34 pm    Post subject: Oops Reply with quote

Embarassed

Many thanks chaps especially MaFt, I've just changed the download file and no error!

Apologies if this had been covered before but I did several searches and couldn't find anything about it, probably user error too (I ain't getting any younger)!!!

Anyway thanks again, much appreciated.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: