Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CamerAlert version 2.0.1 - glitches or engineered faults
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CamerAlert version 2.0.1 - glitches or engineered faults

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Apple Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
moshchops27
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:52 pm    Post subject: CamerAlert version 2.0.1 - glitches or engineered faults Reply with quote

Hi

Sadly the CamerAlert version recently updated on my iphone is now not working as it used to.

Previously I could open the app, make sure it is running and then using a satnav app such as waze, still hear the alerts in the background. Now, I can start the camerAlert app then go to waze and I hear nothing from the camerAlert app. BIG DISAPPOINTMENT.

The second issue I found is that the app allows 'maps://' to run on start up - however this doe the same thing. Basically, when the app launches maps no warnings sound!. Also, I hate using apple maps and would prefer to use waze or google maps

The older version of the app worked perfectly, whereas this one if floored really does not work as well.

Any solutions?
moshchops27
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

camerAlert manual says:

e) Automatically Run a Navigation App
We’re not silly. We know you only use us for our database! So, because of this, we’ve made it even easier to start up another app when CamerAlert launches giving you your favourite navigation app with CamerAlert up and running in the background.

In the menu scroll down and tap on ‘On startup also run’. You will be shown a list of apps that you have got installed on your device. Simply tap the one that you want to load automatically when CamerAlert starts. You will need to fully close CamerAlert for this to have an effect.

But, only 'nothing' or 'maps' is listed- Why not google maps, or waze???????????
moshchops27
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any solutions PGPSW
jwmachon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gutted I have used this daily for years always paid subscription now when I use tomtom I can't hear alerts in background can I go back to a previous version funny thing is only started happening since I paid my subscription last week.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jwmachon wrote:
Gutted I have used this daily for years always paid subscription now when I use tomtom I can't hear alerts in background can I go back to a previous version funny thing is only started happening since I paid my subscription last week.
Under your name it says posts 12. This is the third copy and paste of your post I have come across. To save me looking, is it the only thing you have written (and then copy/pasted in troll-like fashion)?

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
jwmachon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea just really frustrated and would like to see if there is a fix to my issue seen as tho I have just paid for new subscription, I haven't even updated to iOS 11 but the app as updated and can't do what I normally do now
moshchops27
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NEW glitch. App does not hone in on location on iOS 11. Just sticks on an overview of GB
moshchops27
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone of the PGPSW team please respond with help to these issues
Anita
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren responded on Friday, but so many different threads have been started on this subject instead of people looking for an existing thread before starting a new one, that you'll have to go to the CamerAlert on Apple Devices forum and check all posts since Friday to find it.
Samsung Galaxy S21
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anita wrote:
but so many different threads have been started on this subject instead of people looking for an existing thread before starting a new one,
Would have thought that a moderator might have merged them. Burn In Hell Stop! Love it
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can't merge posts on this forum...

iOS 11 GPS issue being discussed here: http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=633700#633700

As for the 'on startup also run' it checks what apps are installed on your phone - have you got the Google Maps app installed?

If so then can you let us know what the custom uri is for opening the app? You can usually find this by sharing a location from the app to email or message ans see what text is shown at the start eg googlemaps:// or wazeapp:// etc

MaFt
moshchops27
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply.

I tried to sen location using waze and all it has done is send an internet link https://waze.com/ul/......and so on to the specified location.

I have google maps app and the waze app . Unfortunatley neither of these is listed in the 'on startup also run'.

Ta

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Apple Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: