Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Many speed cameras not in the database (or I don't see them)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Many speed cameras not in the database (or I don't see them)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnny_bike
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:20 am    Post subject: Many speed cameras not in the database (or I don't see them) Reply with quote

I have imported the latest SC database into CP5
I put GATSOs in as custom1 and redlight as custom2 (I did not bother with continentals).
However looking on the desktop and searching for POIs of custom (all types) in various areas I see only 1 for Leeds (10 mile radius (GATSO:1920)) and one for Newbury and yet I know the locations of at least 4 in Newbury and a few in Leeds

Am I doing something wrong or does the database just not hold many camera details (it imported 3000+ records)

I am hoping I am doing something wrong but I think I followed all the instructions and everything seemed to work.
TIA
John
davewave1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 3:11 pm    Post subject: Cameras in POIEdit but not on TTN3 Map Reply with quote

I can see several cameras I reported if I open up the files in POIEdit but not on the screen in TTN3.

The strange thing is if I use Checkpoint to show them on the map and then use 'Edit p...o..i..' and change them to Type = 'pocketgps uk gatso' they still don't show but if I do them a second time they suddenly show on TTN3 with the correct title, e.g., 'GATSO:5088@30' and 'GATSO:5098@40'. Weird.

Anyone else had this problem?
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Many speed cameras not in the database (or I don't see t Reply with quote

johnny_bike wrote:
I have imported the latest SC database into CP5
I put GATSOs in as custom1 and redlight as custom2 (I did not bother with continentals).
However looking on the desktop and searching for POIs of custom (all types) in various areas I see only 1 for Leeds (10 mile radius (GATSO:1920)) and one for Newbury and yet I know the locations of at least 4 in Newbury and a few in Leeds

Am I doing something wrong or does the database just not hold many camera details (it imported 3000+ records)

I am hoping I am doing something wrong but I think I followed all the instructions and everything seemed to work.
TIA
John

Something has gone wrong with the import, as I get many more than that.

davewave1 wrote:
I can see several cameras I reported if I open up the files in POIEdit but not on the screen in TTN3.

The strange thing is if I use Checkpoint to show them on the map and then use 'Edit p...o..i..' and change them to Type = 'pocketgps uk gatso' they still don't show but if I do them a second time they suddenly show on TTN3 with the correct title, e.g., 'GATSO:5088@30' and 'GATSO:5098@40'. Weird.

Anyone else had this problem?

It's because you're not displaying the correct POI file in TTN. Go into preferences, POI and check you have the correct POI file enabled.
davewave1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave, thanks for thr hint but I have the older speed cameras displayed by checking the TTN POIs box for 'pocketgps uk gatso'.

Is their something else to do as the missing ones all have '..@30', etc. after the name? Are their some new symbols?
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, as per my previous message. You have uploaded the new GATSO file to your storage card (it's a new name) and you have set CheckPOInt to point to this. What you hven't done is gone into TomTom under the POI tab and updated this to reflect and point to the new file and not the old file.

Do this and you will be okay.
johnny_bike
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dave for taking the time to look at my problem.
I have resolved the issue now.
I was adding the new database and then going into the CP5 map option and selecting custom POIs within 10 miles of Leeds/Newbury.
That produced a list but I was mistakenly only selecting the first one (which was GATSO:1920) and not selecting all the cameras.

Silly problem but I am much more pleased now I have fixed it
John
davewave1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave, still confused so I unchecked the POI in TTN and then deleted the old file from the storage card using POIEdit. I then downloaded a fresh file using POIEdit and in TTN went Properties > POI and checked the 'pocketgps uk gatso' POI.

I can see some of the new cameras on TTN okay but there are still some that if I do Find Location > POI > pocketgps uk gatso I can see listed but if I select them and do ‘Show on map’ it will briefly show the name, say ‘GATSO:5098@40’, but no symbol appears on the map. What should trigger the symbol?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: