Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Can't Restore Account After Reinstall of App Due to Crash
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Can't Restore Account After Reinstall of App Due to Crash

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Apple Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gimbo
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:20 pm    Post subject: Can't Restore Account After Reinstall of App Due to Crash Reply with quote

I recently deleted and reinstalled the Cameralert App on my iPhone 6 running iOS 9.1 (jail broken). I reinstalled it after the average speed was not being activated when passing average cameras.

After reinstalling the app I went to restore my account and found I can't. **Everytime I touch the text boxes to input my details the app crashes.** So now I can't even use the app at all and I'm deeply disappointed.

I've been using this app for years as the database is unrivalled by anyone else but the lack of app development is fustrating. But now I can't even use the app at all because I can't restore my account! Is it really that hard to build a 64-bit version of the app? At this point I'll take anything that means I can use it again.

Thanks to all responses in advance.
G
abre
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Just a thought, but have you tried restarting your iPhone, either by forcing a restart or just powering it down and then restarting it? I've had a few issues with apps in the past where a device restart fixes odd app startup issues.

Failing that you could try deleting the app again and reinstalling it once more... it is possible you have a bad download/install, it can and does happen.

Also I notice you say you're running iOS 9.1, the app works fine on 10.2.1, might be worth updating your phone to the latest version and seeing if it's an issue with the OS, although I had no issues with 9.1 and CA.

BTW in a recent PGPSW newsletter there was mention of new iOS & Android versions in the pipeline. Hopefully we'll see a 64bit iOS version soon.
Gimbo
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the response Abre. I have tried everything in terms of restarts and re-downloading, everything apart from restoring the iPhone. Unfortunately I don't want to update to iOS 10 because I want to keep my jailbreak.

Good spot on the news letter, hopefully they do build a 64-bit app for public release. I guess I'm stuck until then annoyingly!
Gimbo
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 4:25 pm    Post subject: SOLVED *Jailbreak Needed* Reply with quote

For anyone looking for a solution, this may help. I recently narrowed it down to the iOS9 stock keyboard loading inside the app. As I could load in a 3rd party keyboard to input username. The problem is that Apple forces stock keyboard for password input (for security reasons).

To overcome this I did have to use a jailbreak tweak called 'exkeyboard' that overides the Apple passwork fuction. With this I could could hold down over the password text box and it would force my 3rd party keyboard 'Swype' to load. From there I simply entered my password and restored my account.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate Apple with a passion. Overpriced and locked down. Pah.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It must be satisfying to be bright - me, I have just dumped yet another Windows 10 monster in favour of my Apple stuff which works. As for jail breaking, which I know nothing about, surely if you wreck the system you risk wrecking other stuff?

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Apple Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: