Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Driver With Laser Jammer Prosecuted
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Driver With Laser Jammer Prosecuted
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Non-Technical Speed Camera Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sussamb
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M8TJT wrote:

Now go hug a tree. Very Happy

Laughing
wingphil
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont have a chip on my shoulder re the police, or indeed speeding.
I do drive 30000 miles per year, and i see more people speeding in 30 areas than on motorways. I dont speed deliberatly as my job relies on my license but like everybody i will occasionally speed. Say to 31/41/51 during acceleration from lights etc. Police are not interested till you go over 10% more but never the less 31 is speeding. But i dont condem anyone who speeds unless it is well over the limit, why get upset about them risking their license?
In fact my girlfriend was a police officer for more years than i care to remember. She is on a pension now. I always got on well with officers before and after i met her. Even officers are quite happy to admit some of their ranks have bad apples. So no no chip there.

I do have a chip as regards holier than thou individuals who always feel everyone else should get a heavy penalty for something they do wrong, at the same time as they profess to have never done anything wrong in their lives.
Reality check, everyone does something wrong everyday, no one is perfect. Beleiving you are perfect just shows how poorly educated you are.

Slam me all you want but i live in the real world, every law that is on the books was put there to stop a lot of people doing it, not because it looked good.

Carry on believing you are perfect, sooner or later you, or your family, will be caught, hopefully by a bad apple who throws the book at you.

Enough said, except if you are perfect why do you download the camera database? Yes you can argue that it shows danger spots, but in a 30 camera area do you do 30, or 15-20. Because if you where regarding it as a danger spot you would slow to 20, not 30, yet you don't.

I am off to do more interesting things than read more pretentios comments from drivings god squad. Oh and i do compare you to the catholic church and look at how many of them did really bad things and hid them for years, some still hide them now..
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wingphil wrote:
Oh and i do compare you to the catholic church and look at how many of them did really bad things and hid them for years, some still hide them now..
There are other religions/organisations that do the same thing.
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wingphil, I think that you do need to calm down a bit.

wingphil wrote:
II do have a chip as regards holier than thou individuals who always feel everyone else should get a heavy penalty for something they do wrong, at the same time as they profess to have never done anything wrong in their lives.

Admittedly I've only scan read this thread but AFAIK people here are just saying that you should not speed nor stop the police (or whoever) from checking your speed. They're not saying that they themselves don't speed.

wingphil wrote:
I am off to do more interesting things than read more pretentios comments from drivings god squad.

Peace be with you. Supreme Angel Wink

wingphil wrote:
Oh and i do compare you to the catholic church and look at how many of them did really bad things and hid them for years, some still hide them now..

Wow, really? That's a bit OTT isn't it? Just because people don't agree with you.

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been among the crew who have posted about speeding, but, it needs to be taken into context.

My criticism has not been about the 31/41/51 as you say but the sheer 'idiots' who are deliberately doing 10mph+ and weaving in and out to maintain it. I used to see them almost daily.

We probably all drift over slightly but not all deliberately, that's the difference.
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
JFallon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using the Safety Camera Database is not ILLEGAL here in the UK, whereas using a jammer to deliberately deceive the police IS.

There is only 1 reason why that BMW driver fitted that jammer and it wasn't for a 'second chance' to slow down.

Its not rocket science.

And I am not perfect and have never 'professed' to being so. :-)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Non-Technical Speed Camera Discussions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: