Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CSV to GPX
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CSV to GPX
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tonik
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:50 pm    Post subject: CSV to GPX Reply with quote

Hi.
Having managed to use the CSV to GPX converter I have a couple of questions.
1. When marking the distance from Adjacent Cameras I can't figure whether increasing the distance lowers the adjacent alerts or not. Neither seem to make a great difference. In other words I am getting repeats when I choose the default 60 yards or 80yards. I assume I am correct in Unchecking the Adjacent Allowed box to make this work.
Am I right in saying that this only works for Specs or Gantry Cameras and is not directional where two alerts are given for either side of a dual carriageway where mobile cameras are used.
2. I notice that 'sussamb' states that he can elect to get only one warning per camera. Is that because you have to increase the Overspeed setting to more than 6.

Thanks,

Nick
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: CSV to GPX Reply with quote

tonik wrote:
1. When marking the distance from Adjacent Cameras I can't figure whether increasing the distance lowers the adjacent alerts or not. Neither seem to make a great difference. In other words I am getting repeats when I choose the default 60 yards or 80yards. I assume I am correct in Unchecking the Adjacent Allowed box to make this work.
No, you untick the 'Adjacent' check box so that 'Removed' shows in the blue box next to it.
Quote:
Am I right in saying that this only works for Specs or Gantry Cameras and is not directional where two alerts are given for either side of a dual carriageway where mobile cameras are used.
No, It removes any camera that is within (say) 60 yards of another (unless it is of a different type) so a mobile near a fixed cam will not be removed. If you increase the distance to (say) 100, then any second camera within about 100 yards of the first will be removed, thus reducing the chance of a double alert, but increasing the chance of another cam within that distance (unlikely)
Quote:
2. I notice that 'sussamb' states that he can elect to get only one warning per camera. Is that because you have to increase the Overspeed setting to more than 6.
No. Set the overspeed time to zero. You will only get one alert. I have set the overspeed to zero on SPECS (no point) and Mobiles (too late) The 6 that you are referring to, is the 'time before camera' that you will get the second warning, but that only happens anyway IF you are speeding.
Presumably, the answers to your questions are not in the Help file?
tonik
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, that's great but one last thing. When I use the CSV to GPX to Unzipthe database I get the report No Image Files/No Sound Files associated with the CSV. That's ok as I then Unzip Image Files & Unzip Sound files and all the boxes are green. I can now download using POI loader BUT.....for the Euro files I only have bitmap, wav & excel files. In the UK folder I have bitmap,GPX,wav & excel. Am I doing something wrong here ?
I can't check it until I go into Europe and by then it will be too late
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wrote the Converter with the UK Speed Zoned set as the basis. I doubt it will work very well in kph as the conversion uses the 20 through 70mph speeds in the right panel.

As far as the green v pink panels are concerned, as long as you have matching filenames for the csv\bmp\wav match then that bit will be OK.

I've never had any feedback\complaint\threat about what happens abroad, assuming anyone has used it.

I did recently rework it to follow on from the CameraManager3 semi-directional data.
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonik wrote:
I can't check it until I go into Europe and by then it will be too late
Yes you can. Find a cam in EU on the submission map, then simulate a route past it.
tonik
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the problem but can't seem to fix it. When I download or unzip & download the Euro file from within the CSV converter the data shows up numerically not in text and the audio files are missing.
The sox program is installed in the POI Loader file and it worked with the UK database. I must be loosing the plot
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point.

The code will only work with the UK data because 30 = "thirty", 70 = "seventy". Anything over 70 won't be processed because it's not expecting it.
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
sussamb
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I go to France a lot. I just download the EU cameras and use POI loader, rather than the convertor.
tonik
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaah....thank goodness for that. I just couldn't work out why the download remain numbers and not text as per the UK ones.
Thanks you
dales
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...so you will end up with two .gpi files on your Garmin - one in mph for domestic cameras, and another in kph for foreign cams.

Make sure you give them appropriately different names !

Dales.
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thumbs Up
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
tonik
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:36 am    Post subject: Having Trouble Reply with quote

Still having problems with the CSV to GPX. I must be doing something VERY wrong ! I am having no problem downloading and installing on the Garmin but....I have Adjacent Cameras UNTICKED, I have Overspeed Warnings set as Standard, I have Overspeed [in the right hand column] set to Zero, I have tried to activate the Overspeed Warning Adjustment to read the top values in yellow [the one just below the red values] and I have lowered the Approach Distances but I still get Long Distance warnings of Cameras and continued notifications whilst in camera zones. Can anyone help please
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You must be!
Let's get one thing established, are the warnings coming from the GPX converter PGPSW data or from the Garmin cam database. (Spoken alerts rather than beeps)?

The approach 'distances' in GPX converter are NOT distances, but time to camera. So a setting of 14 should give you alerts 14 seconds before you get to the cam, regardless of your speed.

You should not have to muck around with any settings to get it to work. Only when you have got it working properly, then muck about with the settings.

Remember, you can always simulate a route past a cam to see what's happening, you don't have to go out driving.

Quote:
I have tried to activate the Overspeed Warning Adjustment to read the top values in yellow [the one just below the red values]
Why are you doing this when you have overspeed alert time set to zero? The red value is plus 10%+2mph, which is the ACPO recommended NIP speed.
dales
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On your Garmin, make sure you have set the Proximity Alerts...Audio to Single Tone (not continuous tone which gives repeated warnings).

Make sure the Cyclops alerts are turned off.

Dales
tonik
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The warnings are coming from the GPX Converter, as they are spoken.
The audio is single tone
Proximity alerts are Custom POI's, not cyclops.

Ok I'll try again and download using the Overspeed to Default.

My only worry is that I have already reduced the time to camera from the default. I will try to make it a bit lower.

If I simulate a route past a camera everything appears to be ok. The problem occurs when driving for real. If I'm in a local area and know there is no camera I may go slightly over and get the warning even if it's by a couple of m.p.h.

Many thanks for your input guys

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: