Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Mercedes Garmin 2016 - possible to alert only if over limit?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Mercedes Garmin 2016 - possible to alert only if over limit?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Microhurst
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:53 pm    Post subject: Mercedes Garmin 2016 - possible to alert only if over limit? Reply with quote

I have a 2016 Mercedes GLA with the Garmin satnav SD card. It works well enough, but I've had the same frustrations as many here over the lack of support for speed camera POIs.

Following advice here and elsewhere, I do now have a working speed camera database on the device, but would like to know if anyone has managed to get it to alert *only* if actually travelling over the limit.

I used to love that my old Becker unit could be set to only bother me if I was approaching a camera *and* going over the limit at all. I also liked the fact it'd warn me if I'd drifted a certain amount over the limit at any time, but that's another story.

With the Garmin I can't find any configuration at all for proximity alerts like these. At the moment its constant interruptions to the radio, while I'm not speeding in the first place, is driving me nuts when going through long stretches of average speed cameras and the like.
slow1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:09 am    Post subject: Mercedes Garmin Reply with quote

Hi Microhurst, I have exactly the same problem with my 2016 GLA, I think I have read the forums correctly but not convinced I have the right information, it seems you have to get this far !! adding the overlimit audible trigger could be found in where the visual limit indicator lies please can you point me in the direction of where the info is, thank you in advance. Chris.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi both and welcome to PGPSW forums.
I know that some Garmins, by default and unless you use Kremmen's CSV to GPX converter, only alert if either over the speed limit for the camera, or close to the limit and accelerating.
But this of course is not what you are experiencing and my post is as much use to you as a chocolate teapot. But I thought that I would pipe up so that you know people answer posts here. Very Happy Confused
slow1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:08 am    Post subject: Mercedes Garmin Reply with quote

Thank you for your input M8TJT keep em coming then we might get a fix !!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: