Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - External Antenna Mount
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

External Antenna Mount

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Advanced GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sgt-spam
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 12:55 am    Post subject: External Antenna Mount Reply with quote

Greetings.

I recently picked up the Emtac Trine and an external antenna. My plan (so far) is to hardwire the antenna into my car so the receiver can be placed somewhere out of the way.

My first choice location is on the back of my rearview mirror. I guess my question is this: If the external antenna is mounted vertically (on the back of the mirror facing out the front windshield), will I have any reception issues? The other option for that location would be to put an 'L' shaped bracket on the back of the mirror for the antenna to sit on - that way it would face up. Either way, it seems as if the antenna would have a very good sky view.

Has anyone mounted an antenna here? I'd rather not have the antenna on the dash, but I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks!!
treadman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 4:47 pm    Post subject: External Antenna Mount Reply with quote

The performance of an antenna in the car depends a lot on the car. Some have a metalised screen & the GPS may have trouble receiving the signal. In my 1991 Range Rover I have the antenna stuck on the roof, with sticky backed velcro, because it will not work inside the car. The only way is to try it, temporary fixings such as blue tack & velcro are good for tests.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Advanced GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: