Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Live services On older devices
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Live services On older devices
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justbrowsing
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonygold wrote:
The cynic in me thinks they will only give it out when asked directly about it.

I think maybe you're right, or at least giving priority to those who contact them first as it must be a major exercise covering literally thousands of users all with different expiry dates for a company as inefficient as they obviously are!
arfurdent
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Called TomTom Customer Support (oxymoron?) and initially got offered ten days. After discussion this crept up to a month. They would not budge after that.
justbrowsing
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arfurdent wrote:
Called TomTom Customer Support (oxymoron?) and initially got offered ten days. After discussion this crept up to a month. They would not budge after that.

Just to be bloody minded I'd go back & challenge that; even asking for it to be escalated up the line as it deffo seems that "most" who actually ask ARE getting (or at least have been told that they will get) the 3 months and cite their OWN user forum post https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/tomtom-traffic-live-and-other-services-47/live-services-not-working-on-live-devices-updated-with-tomtom-home-999551?postid=1074082 and https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/tomtom-traffic-live-and-other-services-47/live-services-not-working-on-live-devices-updated-with-tomtom-home-999551?postid=1074106

Go on, you know you love a fight!
psyskiesman
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After contacting CS via e-mail, they replied asking for exact dates of outage and hinted at 14 days compensation. I e-mailed back quoting their own Forum message offering 3 months. Today I had another e-mail from them offering the 3 months compensation; very fair I would say!
justbrowsing
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

psyskiesman wrote:
After contacting CS via e-mail, they replied asking for exact dates of outage and hinted at 14 days compensation. I e-mailed back quoting their own Forum message offering 3 months. Today I had another e-mail from them offering the 3 months compensation; very fair I would say!

There you go arfurdent, fill yer boots!
arfurdent
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justbrowsing wrote:
arfurdent wrote:

Just to be bloody minded I'd go back & challenge that; even asking for it to be escalated up the line as it deffo seems that "most" who actually ask ARE getting (or at least have been told that they will get) the 3 months and cite their OWN user forum post https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/tomtom-traffic-live-and-other-services-47/live-services-not-working-on-live-devices-updated-with-tomtom-home-999551?postid=1074082 and https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/tomtom-traffic-live-and-other-services-47/live-services-not-working-on-live-devices-updated-with-tomtom-home-999551?postid=1074106

Go on, you know you love a fight!

Thanks for the ammunition. Exocet launched, will update after they respond Very Happy
Mally1957
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to contact TomTom about the outage on Monday but this morning got an email from them giving me the full 3 months extension so my advise would be to await this for anyone who has not contacted them yet to avoid the offering of shorter term extensions.

The text was

We’re delighted to let you know that the issues facing drivers using our LIVE services has been resolved. We’d also like to apologise unreservedly for the outage. We understand that so many of you rely on our LIVE services, everyday – and we’re working very hard to ensure that this doesn’t happen again.

In light of the outage, we will extend the subscription of the LIVE services by three months to those drivers affected. You do not have to do anything – the subscription will extend automatically.

Thank you for choosing TomTom.

A now retired Tomtom 940 v9.541.3145439.1 OS:1493118, GPS v1.20 Boot 5.5120, West Europe Map v1025.9386
JimmyTheHand
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the same email - didn't think to check TomTom dates when I went out and I am sure I'll remember tomorrow as I walk into Office after parking car and switching off TomTom
mottus
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:07 am    Post subject: TomTom Live Service Reply with quote

As has been communicated on this site, TomTom were incapable of providing access to their Live Services for 7-8 Days over the Easter Period.

Similarly, I (and others) lost access to Live Services yet AGAIN on Tuesday 12th April.

Something to also be aware of, is that if you have an older device (like mine - XL Live) - you cannot raise a call against TomTom Support in respect of Live Service as you are told your device is no longer supported! Even though the issue is that TomTom are unable to consistently provide Live Services - which is nothing to do with your actual device but the "service" they charge extra for - you are unable to raise the issue with Support.

I understand that some "lucky" customers have been provided with three months free extension to their Live Service subscription (I haven't) - but it hardly seems much compensation to be offered three months of something TomTom are unable to provide.

I would advise anyone considering purchasing a TomTom device to think again. And should you still decide to purchase a TomTom device, don't bother paying extra for Live Services, as you'll find yourself left with a TomTom paper weight.

Even on the rare occasion that Live Service connects, you can almost guarantee that that as soon as you hit a severe delay, suddenly you'll find TomTom Live Service becomes uncontactable.

Frequently, the Motorway Matrix signs report the motor way is blocked however Live Services report there is "no delays on your route". Even after arriving at the site of the blockage, some hours later, Live Services will still report "no delays on your route". Even while you are being diverted off the motorway (as it's been blocked for hours), Live Services will continue to advise "no delays on your route" - and try to put you back on the closed motorway, rather than navigate you around it.

If you want a system which provides navigation and warnings of traffic delays on your route, DON'T pay for TomTom Live Services. If you want hours of frustration sat in traffic swearing at yourself for being so stupid to pay TomTom to provide a Live Service for Traffic Updates, go ahead.

Or you could simply just take the Live Service subscription and donate it to charity - at least you'll have a good feeling for a while rather than a year of knowing you've been ripped off.
justbrowsing
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: TomTom Live Service Reply with quote

mottus wrote:

I understand that some "lucky" customers have been provided with three months free extension to their Live Service subscription (I haven't) - but it hardly seems much compensation to be offered three months of something TomTom are unable to provide.

Some very valid points there.
However, I don't think any of us "lucky" customers have actually GOT their promised 3 months extension yet as I'm sure we'd have heard them shouting from the rooftops if they had Joker Razz

As/when anyone DOES start hollering & whooping THEN is the time to a) check if YOUR subscription has indeed been extended by 3 months and, b) if not, then it must be worth a phone call.
Mally1957
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
As/when anyone DOES start hollering & whooping THEN is the time to a) check if YOUR subscription has indeed been extended by 3 months and, b) if not, then it must be worth a phone call.

Yes mine has been updated last annual traffic renewal purchased on the 19th December 2015 now showing an end date on my device of 18th March 2017. Smile

A now retired Tomtom 940 v9.541.3145439.1 OS:1493118, GPS v1.20 Boot 5.5120, West Europe Map v1025.9386
justbrowsing
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mally1957 wrote:

Yes mine has been updated last annual traffic renewal purchased on the 19th December 2015 now showing an end date on my device of 18th March 2017. Smile

Thanks for making the rest of us feel inadequate you jammy sod Mal!
I'm still waiting for mine to be added despite a written promise AND follow-up email to them yesterday. Will keep you posted.
Mally1957
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Thanks for making the rest of us feel inadequate you jammy sod Mal!
I'm still waiting for mine to be added despite a written promise AND follow-up email to them yesterday. Will keep you posted.

Am wondering then if they are dealing with those who did not email / phone customer services first.
I was as I said earlier going to contact them on Monday but received email Sunday night about the extension.
Maybe we need others to confirm their status first.

psyskiesman
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can confirm my promised 3 months extension was applied straightaway. Maybe it was because I said some nice things about TomTom in my email, and remember also, this problem was probably caused by Vodaphone, cos their coverage these days appears to leave a lot to be desired.
justbrowsing
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FINALLY a result!
After a further 2 email chasers I've NOW got the 3 months extension promised to me on 5-Apr.
Mind you Lisa still came back with "I am sorry for my delay in responding to you. We are checking the status of the automatic compensation and I should have an update for you shortly" and then another message "I have now been authorised to add the 3 months Live services manually to your GO Live 550. You are now subscribed until ..."

So, still no "automatic compensation" so either be patient or chase the bugggggers up again!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: