Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Ford SYNC 2 inbuilt Navigation
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Ford SYNC 2 inbuilt Navigation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johntee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:45 am    Post subject: Ford SYNC 2 inbuilt Navigation Reply with quote

Hi,

I've just spent £36,000 on a March 2016 "Ford Galaxy Titanium X 180PS 2.0ltr" diesel MPV and find the car exceptionally nice to drive for a large bus.

However, what really p*sses me off is its crappy 'FORD SYNC 2' inbuilt navigation system. For example, it brandishes a very, very,very poor POI's database which is NOT updateable with my custom POI's that I've built up over many years, and one that I was currently using on my Garmin NuviCam 6 with LTM and inbuilt camera. Even if I wanted to go to McDonalds quickly, I couldn't without finding its address first and adding each outlet to a favourite section. Try programming that whilst driving, even with Voice Commands feature!!

Needless to say, it cannot be programmed to accept "Safety Camera" data either. For crying out loud, I still have an original working 'TomTom One' going back over ten years which out performs this "top of the range" 2016 'Ford Sync 2' crap.

Likewise, if I wish to use the new Ford Applink" which is incorporated into this 'FORD SYNC 2 system I can pair my iPhone 6 phone to it and use that phone as an interface. however, this surely defeats the object of having a navigation device in the first place. Surely, "Fred Flintstone" had better gear.

Finally, my "Garmin NuviCam 6 with LTM and inbuilt camera" is once again sitting on my 2016 Galaxy's windscreen, whipping the ass off the "Ford Sync 2.

Be aware guys, I have told you beforehand, this Ford Sync navigation is the pits, stay well clear if you want true flexibility. In fairness it does have some nice features in the higher spec models, such as Intelligent Speed" assistance etc.

John in NW England Sad

Last edited by johntee on Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:52 am; edited 1 time in total
tonybel
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:57 pm    Post subject: ford navigation Reply with quote

Just bought a brand new Grand cmax and trying to get my poi on to it. It is apparently Tom Tom navigation so hoping that it wont be to much stress
johntee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: ford navigation Reply with quote

tonybel wrote:
Just bought a brand new Grand cmax and trying to get my poi on to it. It is apparently Tom Tom navigation so hoping that it wont be to much stress

Hi Tony,

I hope something comes along very soon, this FORD SYNC 2 needs an injection of functionality steroids.

What planet were Ford on when they released this crap on the UK car market?

Apparently the newer USA form of SYNC 3 is to be released later this year to the UK, I'll bet they don't offer this to us SYNC 2 buyers as a free upgrade though.

£36,000 and a bag of pooh 'navigation' system chucked in, I need my head examining.

John Confused

PS: Just found this about TomTOM coding, it means jacksh*t to me, but may enlighten others

http://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/opensource/

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: