Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - We need YOUR CamerAlert App reviews
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

We need YOUR CamerAlert App reviews

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Apple Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:38 pm    Post subject: We need YOUR CamerAlert App reviews Reply with quote

We'd really appreciate it if you could take the time to post a review of CamerAlert on the App Store.

With every new update our review count is wiped. Reviews are the life blood of the app store so please take a couple of minutes to post a review and help boost our ratings.

CamerAlert AppStore
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And on Google Play Store?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Google Play too but there has been a fall in our scoring due to a lack of reviews of the recent update on iOS.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apple AppStore hides reviews from old versions of the app by default. Google Play shows them still but just highlights it was from an old version.

I prefer Google's way as at least you still see reviews when you first load it!
Matrick
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: We need YOUR CamerAlert App reviews Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
We'd really appreciate it if you could take the time to post a review of CamerAlert on the App Store.

With every new update our review count is wiped. Reviews are the life blood of the app store so please take a couple of minutes to post a review and help boost our ratings.

CamerAlert AppStore

Just done.
hluder
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no new update since 9th October 2015 on the AppStore -so what is there to review ????
It's not working properly on iPhone 6s Plus.
Simples!!!
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hluder wrote:
It's not working properly on iPhone 6s Plus.

It's working OK on my iPhone 6s Plus - it warns me of camera sites, fixed, mobile, average speed (SPECS).

How is yours not working? Does it not alert you to nearby camera sites?

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's whinging about the black bands at the top and bottom as per his other posts I expect.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hluder wrote:
There is no new update since 9th October 2015
Considering this thread requesting the posting of reviews was written in January 2014, I don't quite see the validity of posting over two years later - sort of misses the point donchaknow?

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
hluder
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
hluder wrote:
There is no new update since 9th October 2015
Considering this thread requesting the posting of reviews was written in January 2014, I don't quite see the validity of posting over two years later - sort of misses the point donchaknow?

Whether I am whinging or not-My post is just as valid as your drivel about whether or not this post and subject should still be used.You obviously are happy paying for something that is not properly supported.

I have submitted several camera update requests to the camera database and no action has been taken.The A1 has between scotch Corner and Leeming bar Road Wirks with 50moh average speed cameras and nothing has been updated on the database.I have reported this before Christmas and after Christmas and no updates forthcoming.No answer to submissions from me at all.
All
I hear is excuses from the developers regarding the black bands, which is a valid detriment to using it on a 6splus.Hence the careful use of my words -it's not working properly!Its functional but NOT working properly!
I would prefer if people on forensic would stick to facts and not get personal as for that kind of thing you should resort to Twitter or Facebook.
I think all our opinionsare valid and should not be judged but explained and factually argued against.
hluder
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and it is factually the that no updates were issued since October 2015 and that criticism is not going away.
I am still using it, but it is not all gold and shiny what Is happening to Cameralert.I am a supporter since forever and used it on Nokia Communicators with Maps and always downloaded the POIs.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still don't see the validity of your comments on a two year old thread.

However, to address your digressions about the A1 roadworks average speed cameras between Scotch Corner and Leeming Bar - if you have been travelling around there for some long time, you will be aware that those works have been ongoing for years! Last time I was up there, not too long ago, most of the roadworks seemed to be finished. However, my satnavs did not yet, and do not still, have the correct layout of the road. I have just looked at our database map and I see we have something like 22 average speed cameras in that stretch, some of them not yet verified. When I was last there, I was quite unable to do much towards correcting them BECAUSE the road I was driving on did not match up to the road my satnav was hugging. I decided not to try, simply on the grounds that we DID have a series of average speed cameras which were activating my satnav warnings along there - that they were not necessarily precisely located was not important in my opinion as they still had my satnav covering the area. Looking at the database map using satellite view makes it pretty obvious that the road has been rebuilt along quite a long stretch. If you have been downloading updates to your CamerAlert on your iPhone, you will have a pretty reasonable activation of an average speed zone in that area.

Please be aware that if you have been submitting cameras from your iPhone, there will be some difficulty in looking at the submissions, because in some areas, they will be reporting "off-road" as the new road has not yet been incorporated into the (Google/TomTom/whatever) mapping.

Xman
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still find the database accurate but the app needs attention - an update would bring new users that in turn improve the database with their feedback and then we all win!

I read on a different car forum that a new app called "Cyclops" is available for iPhone and the database works well and has a very interesting pricing proposition.

Competition is good, I really hope the guys release a new version of CameraAlert and have a look at what the competition are doing.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, new? Version history shows version 1 was 2010.

Have you done a search cylops in our forum?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Apple Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: