Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Go Live 1005 very slow and PGPSW Warnings poor
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Go Live 1005 very slow and PGPSW Warnings poor
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sdm197
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:32 pm    Post subject: TomTom Go Live 1005 very slow and PGPSW Warnings poor Reply with quote

Hi,

I have noticed over the last 2 weeks that my TT1005 is getting very laggy and often you are at the junction when it gives its instruction, also it does not keep up with the actual car.

I have also noticed that sometimes now it is not giving out any warnings for the PGPSW speed cameras. I have checked all are turned on in the "Warn when near" settings. I have also had to double the warning distances so for 30mph cameras i have to set 600yards, for 40mph 800yards and so on to make them useful, even then they are not giving much warning.

I have tried holding the power button down until it reboots with the drum roll but it has not cured it.

Is anyone else experiencing these issues, or does anyone have any advice?

Thanks in advance,

SDM197
psyskiesman
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have noticed exactly the same thing with my GO1005 and wondered if it has anything to do with the latest map, version 960. What map version are you using?
sdm197
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I am using the latest map version v960.7054 release 10/15, I was wondering if it is a map issue.

But how can we correct it?

SDM197.
psyskiesman
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That tallies; I also noticed this problem AFTER installing version 960 two weeks ago.
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you checked to see how many POIs are Enabled to 'Show on Map'? Try to keep the number as low as possible, preferably zero.

I have noticed in the past that installing the latest Map often Enables several POI Categories.

POIs that are only set up in 'Warn when Near' have little, or no, effect on Map Redraws.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
sdm197
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldboy wrote:
Have you checked to see how many POIs are Enabled to 'Show on Map'? Try to keep the number as low as possible, preferably zero.

I have noticed in the past that installing the latest Map often Enables several POI Categories.

POIs that are only set up in 'Warn when Near' have little, or no, effect on Map Redraws.

Hmmm, that could be it, just checked and every single POI is ticked to show on the map! They were not before!

So now I have unticked everything except all the PGPSW ones which is quite a few as they are the speed zoned ones. Hopefully that will sort it.

thanks for the tip, I will report back if it fixes it.

SDM197.
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sdm197 wrote:
So now I have unticked everything except all the PGPSW ones which is quite a few as they are the speed zoned ones.
If they are set up as 'Warn when Near', you don't need then to be Enabled in 'Show on Map'.

These are two separate functions that work independent of each other. With both in place you are asking the processor to do even more work.

sdm197
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldboy wrote:
sdm197 wrote:
So now I have unticked everything except all the PGPSW ones which is quite a few as they are the speed zoned ones.
If they are set up as 'Warn when Near', you don't need then to be Enabled in 'Show on Map'.

These are two separate functions that work independent of each other. With both in place you are asking the processor to do even more work.

Hi Oldboy,

That is interesting, so if I don't have a route planned, as mine are are set to warn on route I assume will not be able to see a speed camera coming up on the map?

Or maybe it might be better to change them all to warn even if not on route, but the reason I changed them was because it was picking up cameras on adjacent roads.

I really appreciate your help on this,

thanks again,

SDM197.
sdm197
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I have also just realised that all my "Warn when near" Speed cameras have been turned off! This has happened when I updated the map!

AARGHHH!

SDM197.
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This happens when a new MapSettings.cfg file is created.

The only way round this is to backup the file, and then copy and paste to the new Map Folder after installing the new Map. But note that there is sometimes a slight change to that file that means in certain circumstances it is incompatible and you still have to set up 'Warn when Near'.

sdm197
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm,

tried all the above and the camera warnings from the PGPSW database are only warning me when I am running over the white markers in front of the camera, despite being set at 600 yards for 30mph cameras, so the warnings are effectively useless now.

I wish there was a way of doing a factory reset and going back to a day 1 scenario, but on this TT I was not able to do a first day Windows back like I used to on the old units.

SDM197.
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The device (1005) has a reset icon to revert to out of the box settings.
sdm197
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I have also noticed that the speed camera icon that appears in the top left hand corner I am sure it used to give you the amount of yards the camera was away then it would count down, well it does not any more, it shows up lets say 85 yards and it stays on that.

I am confident it used to count down, but maybe this tomtom is driving me mad.

DHN, thanks for that, I may give that a go, it cannot make it any worse, at least I hope not!

SDM197
hijacker
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm experiencing significant lagging too with my 1005 which is using the latest map.

I checked which POIs were selected to show whilst navigating and only mine were selected so the performance issue isn't due to POI overload.

Note i do not use the PGPSWORLD database either.

Performance is terrible, it will run for about 2 seconds and then stop for about a further 5. It was really noticeable yesterday when we were travelling on the motorway.

My conspiracy theory is that TomTom have engineered this fault deliberately to force users to buy a new TT unit.

Instead they may have pushed me into the path of Garmin!
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garmin allow the camera database from here to work fully with advance proper spoken warnings.

Worth considering.
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: