Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tried to Order but no form. Help please!!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tried to Order but no form. Help please!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DavidH
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:39 am    Post subject: Tried to Order but no form. Help please!! Reply with quote

Following people's recommendations, I duly ordered the upgrade, GPS, TMC and Y cable from Navigon on Friday. I filled in my credit card details and said ok.
A message in German came up to the effect (I think) that a confirming message would be sent by email. I assume this will be the 'order' that I have to print off and send with my Navigator CD so that they send me the new stuff.

Only they haven't sent an email back, so I have nothing to print! I have checked, and they have debited my card. The email may be about to arrive, but obviously I am becoming a little nervous. I have sent a fax to them querying this, but since I haven't got an order number or anything I am not sure if they will know what I am referring to.

Any suggestions from those who have been successful?
big_ipaq
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've ordered from them and in the following hours I've received confirmation email from their CC transactions online provider, WorldPay and few days later from Navigon.

Are you sure, you listed your correct email address and that the respective address is working?

Anyway, I am confident, that with or without the confirmation email, you'll receive your order and you'll be more than happy with it.

Keep us posted.
Hunnymonster
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I remember correctly it took a couple of days for the confirmation email to arrive (a couple of working days) - but the form itself is available on the Navigon website here
DavidH
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately WorldPay sent no acknowledgment (but took my money!).
I'm not sure how to get them to acknowledge (though I'm trying). Email address etc are definitely correct, and Navigon themselves have sent the form that I have to send back (curiously it's blank - not filled in with what I ordered - and it's not in the same format so I hope I'm re-entering the correct things. Amazed that when you order on the web that you don't get a sheet to print/file as with EasyJet etc.
Hunnymonster
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David

Having used WorldPay many times I can only imagine there may have been a typo in your email address, or some email glitch at WorldPay - either way a call to +44 (0)870 742 7002 (Cust Services) ought to get an answer (if you can tell them the email address, amount and payee and the date/time the order was placed)

Hope this helps!
big_ipaq
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second you Hunnymonster. David, call them and I am sure you'll find out what happened. Anyway I doubt that someone is trying to steal from you. Navigon's is one of the best and with the exception of replying to customer's emails, they do everything very well. I've meet them in Hannover at CeBIT this year, I ordered numerous times from them, and I am not in EU, and I received everything I've ordered in shortest time possible by UPS, I sent them a GPS unit for replacing, so I should have an idea... Just be patient and call WorldPay. Even if you don't call them, stay relax; provided your address is correct, you'll receive your order.

And no, I do not work for Navigon or WorldPay ;)
DavidH
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, following your suggestions I tried to ring WorldPay. Ho Ho. None of the 7 options I tried under 'Customer' on their wretched automated would allow me to talk to a human, or to get anywhere that could get me a copy of the confirmation.
I therefore pretended I was a Tradesman, and lo and behold got a human. Funny that. Actaully the nice lady said that was what she recommended anyone who wants an answer does!!!!
Initially she said I must have received an acknowledgement (I hate it when they won't admit the possibility that their system failed), but she did then email me a copy. That has now gone off to Navigon so await results with baited breath ...
big_ipaq
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet Navigon already has it on file. Anyway, we'll also keep the fingers crossed.
DavidH
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took a while due to various hiccups, but I don't think many of those were Navigon's fault.
Kit has arrived intact, and I would have tried it but can't get onto their web site to get teh activation code.
Frustrating!!!

PS any idea why NAvigon don't send you an email confirming the details of your order, and why they want you to re-enter it all by hand onto paper? Seems there's twice the chance of making mistakes!

DavidH

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: