Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - M1 J25 - J31 Cams on side of Gantries
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

M1 J25 - J31 Cams on side of Gantries

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tikii
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:50 pm    Post subject: M1 J25 - J31 Cams on side of Gantries Reply with quote

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum section.

I have noticed several of the gantries in this section of the M1 have sprouted cameras off the side of the same, facing in the direction of travel. These appear to have four lenses on the camera and I wondered if anybody knows what they are? They are grey in colour and quite small and not always on the same gantries as the overhead cameras but are on the same gantry at either side of the motorway. Is this yet another form of speed camera or ANPR cam? Any thoughts appreciated.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are HADECS cameras. Or, as the Daily Mail like to call them, "secret spy speed cameras that fine people that speed ooh, how very dare they!"

MaFt
tikii
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply MaFt.

I did wonder if these might be Hadecs, but I couldn't remember the name to search the forums.

I note from other posts that they are currently marked as Gatso's on the database. Do they work in tandem or separately from the Gatsos?

I still feel it's overkill when the 'powers that be' feel the need to put these on the same gantrys as the overhead cams! Strikes me they would be better off putting them in more suitable places than our 'safest' roads!

I understand that this stretch of the M1 through Nottinghamshire/Derbyshire is to be made a permanent 60mph zone to reduce emissions! They might as well leave it 50 as the road works have been there that long. In fact why not make it 30 mph as it's a virtual car park anyway. Evil or Very Mad
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tikii wrote:
I note from other posts that they are currently marked as Gatso's on the database. Do they work in tandem or separately from the Gatsos?
The categorisation "Gatso" is historic meaning a fixed camera when Gatsos were the only type. This was then exacerbated by the introduction of Truvelo which, instead of re-categorising Gatsos and Truvelo as 'Fixed' the Truvelo category was introduced. As more different types of cams were introduced, it was realised that more categories would be counter productive, especially as some sat nav systems have limits on the number of categories and as well as this it would require loads of separate files for each category.
To this end, I think, in absence of more info, all new fixed cameras anre now categorised as gatsos.
marksfish
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tikii wrote:
I understand that this stretch of the M1 through Nottinghamshire/Derbyshire is to be made a permanent 60mph zone to reduce emissions!

I think the original plan was for it to be limited to 50/ 60mph from 6am to 9pm , using the variable speed limit cameras. This idea was scrapped a few months back I thought?

Mark
philce
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are now live full time, I've seen them triggered frequently, (not by me I hope!).

Not sure what speed, but the vehicles I saw going through weren't hanging about!

There was no limit on the matrix signs so NSL.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: