Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New Member - Problem with Map + Question
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New Member - Problem with Map + Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Android
View previous topic :: View next topic  
secreto
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:24 am    Post subject: New Member - Problem with Map + Question Reply with quote

Hi,

I am just trying out your CamerAlert app and I am rather impressed. I have tried many over the past few weeks and your one seems to be a winner. I do have a few teething problem though, which I am hoping you can fix.

First one is when I am traveling on the road the icon comes up and shows my position on the map. However, after a few seconds the map becomes blurred and I have to press the - or + sign to rectify it. Also I have experienced around 6-7 app crashes since installation. Mainly after I touch the map. I have tried all the different map settings but this doesn't seem to make a difference.

Secondly, I have SYGIC and WAZE on my phone and as I am driving the camera alert pops up on their screens as I am driving is this intentional? or just a coincidence?

Lastly, Is there any way I can import the camera database in to my OFFLINE SYGIC navigator so that I don't use up all the battery on my phone? as GPS takes alot of juice.

Sorry one last thing. I have submitted camera info under username CAA_0413155247 (it was assigned to me when I downloaded app but prefer secreto can you delete it? )

Anyhow the cameras are in Cadnam Southampton, it is a 30 MPH zone that is regularly patrolled by mobile cams, they get you as you go round the corner and then they get you just as you start to go down the hill where it changes from 30-50.

They operate on both sides of the road and IMHO it is purely a cash cow. Your app is the only one out there that recognises this area as a hot spot. However, it only shows one place where in fact there are 3. One opposite the garden centre by the dentist (layby) one on the other side of the road opposite the garage (layby) one down the bottom of the hill past the pub. (layby) - I click on camera icon and then select mobile then press submit. Is there anything else I need to do or is that it?

Thanks
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:41 am    Post subject: Re: New Member - Problem with Map + Question Reply with quote

secreto wrote:
First one is when I am traveling on the road the icon comes up and shows my position on the map. However, after a few seconds the map becomes blurred and I have to press the - or + sign to rectify it. Also I have experienced around 6-7 app crashes since installation. Mainly after I touch the map. I have tried all the different map settings but this doesn't seem to make a difference.

Yes, this is a known issue. I'm not sure exactly what the cause is but from memory it is a bug with the Android Map stuff itself. I'll check with Lutz.

secreto wrote:
Secondly, I have SYGIC and WAZE on my phone and as I am driving the camera alert pops up on their screens as I am driving is this intentional? or just a coincidence?

This is intentional.

secreto wrote:
Lastly, Is there any way I can import the camera database in to my OFFLINE SYGIC navigator so that I don't use up all the battery on my phone? as GPS takes alot of juice.

Yes - your subscription allows you do download from the website for other satnav's. Sygic for Android allows these to be added and instructions are here: http://www.sygic.com/poi

secreto wrote:
Sorry one last thing. I have submitted camera info under username CAA_0413155247 (it was assigned to me when I downloaded app but prefer secreto can you delete it? )

I can transfer the submissions to your 'secreto' account if that's easiest? Can you just confirm the email address on the CAA_0413155247 account? Feel free to email me MaFt@pocketgpsworld.com

secreto wrote:
Anyhow the cameras are in Cadnam Southampton, it is a 30 MPH zone that is regularly patrolled by mobile cams, they get you as you go round the corner and then they get you just as you start to go down the hill where it changes from 30-50.

They operate on both sides of the road and IMHO it is purely a cash cow. Your app is the only one out there that recognises this area as a hot spot. However, it only shows one place where in fact there are 3. One opposite the garden centre by the dentist (layby) one on the other side of the road opposite the garage (layby) one down the bottom of the hill past the pub. (layby) - I click on camera icon and then select mobile then press submit. Is there anything else I need to do or is that it?

That's it - you could, for clarification, add a voice note to explain eg by saying "in the layby" or "outside pub" etc

MaFt
secreto
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:04 pm    Post subject: Re: New Member - Problem with Map + Question Reply with quote

Quote:
That's it - you could, for clarification, add a voice note to explain eg by saying "in the layby" or "outside pub" etc

MaFt

I have re submitted them today using the online tool, much easier and I have detailed exactly where there. I am hoping they will be added as in my opinion it is a little under hand the way they have set up shop there. Purely a cash cow.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Android All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: