Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Proclip Lincoln Navigator Mount has major issue
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Proclip Lincoln Navigator Mount has major issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ProClipProblem
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:59 pm    Post subject: Proclip Lincoln Navigator Mount has major issue Reply with quote

I love the idea of this mount but the main component is a thin piece of plastic that is wedged between the crack of the dashboard/media center area. Over time, the plastic stresses (possibly due to weather - expansion/contraction), becomes brittle and breaks.

I am on my 3rd mount! ProClip USA tech support is apologetic each time but quick to spout out that it'll cost me full price for a replacement base - another $29.99 US! Cha-CHING!

I went to eBay and purchased my most recent replacement (2nd mount) for $15, half of what ProClip charges, but once again, this base broke during installation. ProClip USA reiterated what they've said in the past, "sorry, but you purchased from an unauthorized reseller (like it really matters) and you'll have to pay full price for a replacement base."

I don't know about you but fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. Unfortunately, it's time to look for a solution that actually works - sans 'glitz' for functionality.

When a company ignores engineering defects to the detriment of their client base, this creates opportunities for knock-off companies to exploit and eventually replace such technologies/companies.

For example, this critical component could and should be made out of metal, and sold for $5. As it is the base for most vehicles, a whole new business could develop from this simple yet elegant solution. I suggested the same to ProClip but they feel their solution is working just fine. I think it's more about the Cha-CHING of exploiting an engineering defect - at our expense...
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought that you had to have at least 10 posts under your belt before you could post a "RECOMMENDED:" or "AVOID:" thread?

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
IanS100
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it's less for an 'OBSERVATIONS' thread Laughing
ProClipProblem
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jock: There are many who have posted for the 1st time how wonderful this product is. Why are you not complaining about their posts? This forum is for helping others make informed decisions.

I purchased multiple of these units and have vast experience with them. I welcome reading pros and cons of various products before making my purchase choices. The fact that I've reflected my own experience with this product should be welcome news to those looking into purchase of the same.

People need a forum to present their experience, pro or con, and this site serves that purpose. Especially when a company doesn't provide a forum for sharing product related information.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never had an issue with them and I've used them for years in numerous cars :/ Even with 'extenders' on them to hold 2 or 3 devices.

Out of interest were you frequently removing and replacing the mount or was it installed and left?

MaFt
ProClipProblem
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st one was installed and left. Simply fell off after 2 years. Assuming that the hot of summer and the cold of winter (NJ) had something to do with it. 2nd one broke while inserting it into the gap between the media console.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: