Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Possible SPECs cameras at M1/M25 junction (London-bound)?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Possible SPECs cameras at M1/M25 junction (London-bound)?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pjn
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:49 pm    Post subject: Possible SPECs cameras at M1/M25 junction (London-bound)? Reply with quote

Didn't have my SatNav with me, but I noticed yesterday that there appears to be a set of SPECs cameras where you join the M25 from the M1 (look up at the gantry as you exit the M1 - 1 camera for each of the 4 lanes).

I didn't recall seeing these on my PPC on previous trips, but asked a colleague from work who has one of the speedcam detector systems. He confirmed that they are picked up as 'live', yet there are no speed camera signs. He mentioned that the 'beginning' set are a little further back at the top of the hill.

So what do people think? As they aren't signposted do you suppose these are being used for traffic flow only (like some others I've seen mentioned on the forums)? Didn't affect me at all, seeing as I was probably going under 10mph at the time Rolling Eyes
HandyMac
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ones on the M25 will be okay so long as government don't introduce the new type which in the interests of increasing stealth taxation are getting more widespread:

Andrew
Talkingbollox
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they are SPECs cameras.

Certainly my Road Angel used to alert me to these but hasn't done so recently, so they must have been removed from their database.

The only thing I can think of is that because they are on the gantry, perhaps they only become operational when the variable speed limits come into play?
bowler
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have been there for some time, but you need 2 sets for specs to work and I have yet to find the other set so I think they must just be there for monitoring purposes.
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:57 am    Post subject: Re: Possible SPECs cameras at M1/M25 junction (London-bound) Reply with quote

pjn wrote:
there appears to be a set of SPECs cameras where you join the M25 from the M1 (look up at the gantry as you exit the M1 - 1 camera for each of the 4 lanes).

He mentioned that the 'beginning' set are a little further back at the top of the hill.

So what do people think?

Personally, I'm not convinced these are SPECS cameras. I planned to drive that way yesterday but due to traffic problems I went a different way. However, I came back past this junction and could not see anything going the other way. There are a number of bridges with 4 Trafficmaster sensors over all 4 lanes, but I couldn't spot any speed cameras. I thought I saw some ANPR cameras though, which might have been mistaken for SPECS cameras.

I also note the Herts Gatso website lists no cameras in this area, fixed or mobile.

As for back at the top of the hill, the only thing back up the hill are more Trafficmaster sensors placed on the bridge at the Hemel junction.

I'm not saying there aren't SPECS placed there, as I could not see the gantry clearly, but with the lack of signs and supported information, I just think these are not likely to be SPECS cameras.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: