Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Samsung Galaxy SIII Mini intermittent sound
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Samsung Galaxy SIII Mini intermittent sound

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Android
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shschampion.deleted
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:04 pm    Post subject: Samsung Galaxy SIII Mini intermittent sound Reply with quote

I have been using CameraAlert successfully on my Samsung Galaxy Ace for a long time. I have now upgraded to a Galaxy SIII Mini and CameraAlert seems to not announce much of the time. I think it is maybe routing the audio to Bluetooth even thought the Settings/Advanced/Audio output is set correctly. This makes it unusable as I have to have Bluetooth on so my phone calls go to the Car Radio. However, media audio does not "break in" like a phone call - so the phone speaker is the right place to have Camera Alerts.

Update: Even with Bluetooth connected, I still don't get audio, so it is not as simple as I first thought

Does this problem sound familiar to anyone? Are there other ways I could have made CameraAlert announcements intermittent?

I'm having to keep a second phone running just to have CamerAlert!

TIA

Steve

Last edited by shschampion.deleted on Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
shschampion.deleted
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:50 pm    Post subject: More details Reply with quote

I have now put my old Galaxy Ace and Galaxy Siii Mini side-by-side and checked that the settings are exactly the same. The Siii Mini announces cameras only intermittently, whereas the old Ace used to work perfectly well. The red banners etc. come up on the screen... but no audio announcement. Help, please. Has anybody else experienced problems with the Galaxy Siii Mini?

(This is an S3 Mini GT-i8200N, rather than the earlier i8190 version)
shschampion.deleted
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:54 am    Post subject: Does anybody from PocketGPSWorld check these forums? Reply with quote

As this is the only route available for support, I'd appreciate a reply regarding this issue - even if you have no clue as to why the app is not working, the courtesy of a reply would be appreciated.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:19 am    Post subject: Re: Samsung Galaxy SIII Mini intermittent sound Reply with quote

shschampion wrote:
Does this problem sound familiar to anyone? ?
shschampion wrote:
Has anybody else experienced problems with the Galaxy Siii Mini?
A courtesy reply. Presumably no one has experienced the same problem. Although there have been reports of some people having difficulty with BT audio, but as I don't have the problem, other than my previous comments, I can't help. Sorry.
shschampion.deleted
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it is nice to know that SOMEONE is out there! I was beginning to wonder :-) I seem to have the problem when BT is disabled on the phone and my BT devices are turned off so, unfortunately it does not seem to be related to that. Has anyone, I wonder, sucessfully used the APP on a Samsung SIII mini?

For now, I guess a second phone on the dashboard is my best option. Thanks for the reply M8TJT. de G8LOF/AE6NX
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could I suggest you submit a support request - see the tab "Support" at top of page.

If nobody else on the forum is using the same phone as you, or not willing to comment, the only route could be through the App developer/s and they will certainly respond to a support ticket. I'm on iOS myself, so I can't even guess at what might be wrong.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
shschampion.deleted
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:53 pm    Post subject: No support Reply with quote

I tried that, but received a reply to the effect that support tickets are only for subscription issues - told to go to the forums for help with the App. So perhaps you can see why I am unhappy that my request has not gained any "official" attention. Steve
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps I should have finished my post with "KK" Very Happy
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:03 pm    Post subject: Re: No support Reply with quote

shschampion wrote:
I tried that, but received a reply to the effect that support tickets are only for subscription issues - told to go to the forums for help with the App. So perhaps you can see why I am unhappy that my request has not gained any "official" attention. Steve

I'm so sorry - I had intended to advise you to write in the support ticket that you had already tried the forums, but without success and now hope the App developer might be able to help.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll reply to your most recent support ticket.

MaFt
ivanmx6
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm - this doesn't bode well for me as my Galaxy Ace is about to be upgraded and I had chosen the S3 Mini as my next phone.

Does anyone know if this is still an issue or has it been resolved?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Android All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: