Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New model
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New model
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stevesimler
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WalkerDan wrote:
In summary, I think the Satmap 10 is a great product with a few flaws. This is basically a bit of an update which doesn't address the issues users have raised. If I broke my Satmap 10 tomorrow would I buy one of these, probably Yes, but had hoped for better.

I agree with WalkerDan -if I lost/broke my old Satmap I would probably by the 12 -but there would be no way I would change all my maps to accomodate the "Hi Res" screen.
davidor
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does rather make you wonder if Satmap have lost the plot. From being the best OS-based device on the market, after all these years they seem to have only managed to make a few tweaks in what should have been a very significantly improved model. With Garmins practically given away with a packet of cornflakes and so many other devices with high resolution screens around, I can't help feeling it is going to struggle in today's market.

I used to rave about the Satmap to all and sundry (I've had mine for nearly six years now) but it is going to be increasingly difficult to justify the cost of one now against the opposition. Especially as they haven't apparently addressed any of the hardware weaknesses.
davidor
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:35 pm    Post subject: A12 Reply with quote

Just had Satmap's puff. £450 for the A12. Don't think I'll be upgrading for the sake of a smaller, albeit higher resolution, screen and a glorified barometer.
WalkerDan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As my Satmap 10 is getting a bit battered and is used 3-4 times a week it is in need of another repair so with a 15% discount voucher from Cotswold decided to splash the cash on a Satmap 12 as I've got a lot of maps.
Not blown away by it. The screen resolution is a bit better but the visible screen is noticeably narrower. One of the buttons seems a bit stiff and all the previous issues are still, as I was aware, present - usb cover, dodgy buttons and battery connection. More worringly are the tiny POI icons, they are very small and at most resolutions are difficult to see. As I use the Satmap for geocaching this is a big drawback that I wasn't aware of. I am informed this will be addressed with a future update.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: