Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Help! TomTom Truck 5150 Pro or Snooper Truckmate S5000 Pro
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Help! TomTom Truck 5150 Pro or Snooper Truckmate S5000 Pro

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cuddlez
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Help! TomTom Truck 5150 Pro or Snooper Truckmate S5000 Pro Reply with quote

I need help, at the moment I use a TomTom 530, and want to get a truck satnav, don't know which one, maybe stick to tomtom, but anyone have any reviews on the tomtom truck 5150?

I like the snooper truckmate s5000 pro for multi route setting, but heard the graphics are rubbish and farm roads are not shown on the snooper?

Anyone have a TomTom Truck 5150 Pro to tell me any problems or good things about it and the same if anyone has a Snooper Truckmate S5000 Pro.

Thanks!
cuddlez
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: TomTom Pro 5150 Truck Reply with quote

Anyone know how to import poi's from older tomtoms into the truck version, plus copy the favourites from a 530 to the truck??
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two ways...

For normal adding of POIs etc. you first need to install the MyTomTom Support Application program (downloadable from TomTom HERE onto your PC.

You then then use it's "Add community Content" feature to add POIs, voices, car cursors, start up and shut down images and your own warning sounds, all from your PC. Click on the TomTom icon on the system tray (next to the PC clock) to access it.

So if you know what you want to copy across from the old Go530, you can do it manually using the above method, although you would need to use a separate prog. such as 'POIEdit' to unlock your Favourites from the file called "mapsettings.cfg" first.
They are then saved on the new TomTom as a standard .ov2 file called "Favorites.ov2 " (note US spelling).

But if all that sounds a bit complicated, there is also a simple tool available to do a "one-time" transfer of all your POIs Favourites etc. directly from your old TomTom models.
It's called the "Content Transfer Assistant" and you can get it HERE
cuddlez
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

content transfer assistant isn't for the 5150 I was told by tomtom that.

If it was, I only want to transfet 2 or 3 poi's that have all my work locations as theres no addresses, just word of mouth how to get there
theripper
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

However you do it it's got to be easier than transferring tomtom to snooper - when I wanted to give my POI file to a workmate I had to send the file to snooper then wait for them to change the format (6 weeks) it then becomes public domain, although a list of carpet shops in Dorset and Hampshire are not really much use to anybody else!
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cuddlez wrote:
content transfer assistant isn't for the 5150 I was told by tomtom that.

That surprises me, I'd certainly be interested to se the results if you did try it.

cuddlez wrote:
I only want to transfet 2 or 3 poi's that have all my work locations as theres no addresses, just word of mouth how to get there

No problem then. Just find the POI files in the map folder of the old Go and use MyTomTom to copy them to the new one as above. Copy both the .ov2 file and the .bmp (icon) file with the same name.

(P.S. Moving this to the TomTom section as it's not a user-review at all...)
cuddlez
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PROBLEMS...

Now My tomtom truck 5150 adding favorites doesn't work, nothing saves and stays there.
Anyone have a working favorites.ov2 for the truck 5150 as I can't delete the favorites.ov2
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I said, the Favorites.ov2 is just the same as any normal POI file, so you could try this:

Create a new POI category on the device itself, using the "Manage POIs" / "Add POI category" menu, and then add just one or two location entries to it, using "Add POI".

Then export it to the PC with the "copy to PC" button.
Then rename it on the PC to "Favorites.ov2" and upload it back onto the TomTom.

(The capital "F" MAY be important!)

Does that work?
cuddlez
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll try that later on today,,,

I have to say, I love the 5150, a lot better than my old 530, with the live services, it's brilliant
cuddlez
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That worked, I had to save it first then install the new favorites.ov2 before it seen the favourites and allow you to add to the list.

Thanks,,, Satnav all setup now!!

Brilliant satnav too, far better than the tomtom 530
Quinny1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Followed the instructions on here, and got all of my PGPSW speed cameras installed on my new 5150.

One thing I don't like, is the length of warning the TT cameras give you. Not sure if they can be altered like the PGPSW ones, but I prefer the PGPSW ones anyhow after using them for so long.
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally id just either gobfor copilot truck on either android or IOS the maps are fine if you need farm roads you'll need an Os map as neither now show farm access farm access roads.

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
lenAitken
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:34 pm    Post subject: Tom Tom Truck 5150 Reply with quote

I have the above device for use with a motorhome. The navigation is fine but there are a couple of problems. The Tom Tom website is awful, difficult to access and the updates need many attempts to start working. the old "My Tom Tom" was much better. Also the camera locations from this site do not always work correctly. Often the audio warning does not sound or comes too late. The icon in the top left corner of the screen does not disappear when the camera is reached and the distance count down does not work. I have to say this problem has only happened since the last map update so can only assume Tom Tom do not want us to use third part poi sites.

Len
cliffbrown
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought the start 60 and downloaded the euro camper map bit cheaper way to do it seems fine once you get used to Mydrive

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: