Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Speed camera database alerts and x2 bmp files
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Speed camera database alerts and x2 bmp files

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
djc1610
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:56 pm    Post subject: Speed camera database alerts and x2 bmp files Reply with quote

I have just re-downloaded the current camera database for the UK and Europe on my newly repaired TT 1105 and I have three questions.

1. I have many pois on my device and changing all the alerts for all the camera categories using the 1005 itself is very time consuming. Are there any other simpler ways to make these changes?

2. When I update the database will I have to reset all the alerts or will they be retained.

2. With each ove file I get a bmp file with the same name and another bmp file with X2 appended to the name. Of what use is the x2 bmp file and will it affect the 1005 if I leave both files on the device?

I did try to post a new post in the database forum on a similar pointy but cannot find it. If there is a duplication please delete the post in the database Forum.

VW RNS 510 and TomTom 5200 World
Daggers
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm only speaking for the older TomTom models, but I think the same answers apply for the 1005

1. You should only have to change the alerts once. Future updates will retain the existing alerts.

2. The two bmps are used for display at different times. If I remember correctly, the ordinary one is for display on the map itself, while the larger X2 version is used for the alert in the corner of the screen. If the X2 version is missing, the smaller version will be used instead, but it will look very small and insignificant in this context.
djc1610
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks

VW RNS 510 and TomTom 5200 World
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To answer the first question, no, unfortunately there is no "automated" or quicker way to set up all the individual alerts for each camera type... we're restricted to the boring, repetitive way TomTom gave us in the menus.

The "X2" icon, as Daggers said, is used for the flashing alert in the top left corner of the TomTom screen when you approach a speed camera.

When it was first introduced, if you didn't have the double-sized one as well, then the small icon was "scaled-up" by the TomTom software and it would look blocky and low-resolution.

However, it's usefulness has reduced over time, as TomTom's later software reduced the size the warning icons get shown on screen whatever you do!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: