Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Jaguar XF
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Jaguar XF

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve-nuvi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:18 pm    Post subject: Jaguar XF Reply with quote

Hi, purchased new Jag 4 weeks ago and uploaded cameras as explained thanks. Question is can I now incorporate a voice tag rather than one of the really annoying sound files which come factory fitted?
TimmyTankTop
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:55 pm    Post subject: Changing sounds on Jaguar (Land-Rover?) 2013-on Satnav's Reply with quote

I too have just installed (eventually) into my 2014 XF.
Haven't an answer to your question directly but, a word of caution.
I decided to change the original sound to one of the Sat-Nav library sounds and the whole lot got corrupted. No camera warning sound at all followed by Speed Camera Icon change to a musical note. Tried to change that back but no camera symbol to select so I selected a caution symbol but instead it displayed a beer mug symbol. (Note to myself: too much beer the night before can play tricks with your vision!) Very Happy

Deleted the POI files and reloaded but this time choosing a different sound upon install and it works again. Not perfect but better than the horrible original sound.

As a footnote, I eventually loaded the files (finding that after trying to install using a cheap USB stick that kept issuing the "POI corrupt or incorrect message") I succeeded first time by using a decent quality USB drive.
CA_0203161013
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 8:48 am    Post subject: Jag xf Reply with quote

Hi,

I have downloaded the cameras without a problem into my 2013 xf sportbrake, on question, how can you extend the warning time before the camera, as it is warning me at the camera. Thanks in advance
my1690
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried lots of things to get the warning to chime in before the camera, sadly the sound happens at the location of the camera, this is because Denso use the same warning sound for the all the poi's, whether it is a restaurant, petrol garage or anything else

they do not have a special algorithm for speed cameras, where you want the warning 500mt or so before your arrive at that camera location

we are lucky that we can even get camera poi's on the screen, it really needs someone who has a lot of pull with Denso to make this happen in an official way

or we have a second CAD ( Camera Alert Database ) where instead of one camera (the actual one ) , we have a virtual one that is positioned 500 metres before the real one, and turn on the sound alerts for it on the Jag
jerrysirley
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 12:05 pm    Post subject: speed camera wngs Reply with quote

Do you have to have a planned route on the sat nav for this to work? Whenn I tested it first time, it alarmed all be it too close, and also for the camera in the opposite direction. I then did a U turn and got neither warning?
my1690
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes I always have a planned route, so I always get the audible warnings.
southdown52
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No you don't need a planned route (didn't you try it with and without on a known camera location), but you have to have initiated the Navigation system. Once initiated however, you don't need to keep the map on the screen for it to continue to alert you. This is one of the few things in the poorly document manual. Also, because the camera alerts are merely POI proximity alerts, they will trigger when a camera is within that range whether the camera is on your side of the road, on a fly over above you, or wherever else.
my1690
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Southdown is right, it's good to know that :-)

it is a shame the alerts ping off for cameras on the other side of the road, but these things are never going to be perfect I guess !

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: