Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - downloading garmin poi loader
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

downloading garmin poi loader

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
priceyoneputt
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: downloading garmin poi loader Reply with quote

help i am totally lost just trying to download the garmin poi loader. it asks me where to save the file and keeps asking for a file containing .csv files i have no idea how to create this. plus i have bought and had installed a kenwood sat nav dvd etc dnx4210bt in my car and paid a subscription but it doesnt look like this unit is supported by pocket gps have i wasted my 19.99 subscription. i am a novice and really need some help
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need this page http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Cameras#compat

Look on that page further down for the Installation Guide for Kenwood. Just because your model may not be listed does not mean that it will not work okay.

Then select the POILoader files or the .csv files.

Unzip them, then run PoiLoader and browse to the files.

Sorry it's very late and have rushed this reply. OTHERS will help you I'm sure Wink
jameswhite1979
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im in the same place as the 1st guy that posted. I got the kenwood unit installed in my new van from the factory and now really feel I wasted my money as I always wanted to get extra maps ect and cant believe how hard this is. Iv paid the 20 quid to become a member of this site and not getting anywhere fast. I cant seem to get a csv file and save it to a folder. Iv saved zip files but they dont seem to be visable when im browsing for them.

Really disappointed with it all. Are the files available already saved on a stick or sd card

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is probably most of the help that you need in this thread that I quickly found with a search for POI Loader. There may be better guides but a quick link evaded me.
When you have tried stuff, please explain exactly what you have done and where you get stuck. This will save someone retyping precise instructions yet again.
I believe, because of the number of times this or similar questions get asked, POI loader isn't the easiest of thing to learn, but once you get the hang of it, it becomes a lot easier.
Don't worry, you haven't wasted £20, you have just contributed to the best around (once you can jump trough the hoops of POI Loaded). Thank goodness I don't have a Garmin or Garmin based device.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: