Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Travel-I
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Travel-I

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
timfishy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 3:18 pm    Post subject: Travel-I Reply with quote

Hi,
Iv'e had my old HP Jornada for ages, and i hadnt used it ages till i read about the pocket gps speed camera database. I have bought a GPS reciever and car kit from ebay that should be here in a few days but being a poor student i dont have much money.

I looked into tomtoms products but they are way too expensive for me. Then i looked at TrafCam. It looked very good and i nearly went for it because it looks like they check camera sites and stuff. but then If found Travel-I ( i couldnt find a review for this on the PocketGPS site :-( ).
Travel-I coupled with a GPS reciever is a bargain. My car kit cost under £60 and Travel-I and the database are free.

Travel-I has a program that gonverts the .ov2? files to .gps? files which is fine but I am looking forward to contributing to the pocketGPS database but im not sure how i cn do it with Travel-I.
The only way that i can see that i can record cameras is to read the lat. and long. from the GPS status program. Any cameras that i log would be from at a standstill next to the camera but this still seems a bit of an extream way to do it?

any ideas?
Does any body else use Travel-I?

Thanks
MidiMagic
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I have just loaded Travel-i from a cover CDrom but it can not find my GPS receiver. The GPS works fine with Navigator and Pocketsheets but Travel-i can not see it. I know this is the "light" version but it should at least do something. Even tried runig Navigator and Tavel-i but it says the com port is in use, even though the write up says it will run in the background.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Midi Magic
icsys
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alas, despite the sales pitch stating that it will " happily run behind GPS navigation systems, providing audible warning prompts when approaching a camera." it won't.

I have used Travel-I LITE and it is a very good piece of software. It does work and it is free! But once this has taken the com port no other software can see it. If your navigation software has taken the port then Travel-I cannot use it.

Maybe the Travel-I Pro can but I doubt it. Plus there is no demo of the Pro version to try it.

It would appear there is a program called GPSgate which lets you share one GPS signal between several applications. GpsGate can create any number of virtual serial ports which most NMEA enabled GPS applications can connect to.
TomTom GO
Anquet OS mapping
icsys
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With regard to my previous post.
I can hapily report after 4 days of trials that with the help of GpsGate, Travel-i will hapily run in conjunction with a navigation system (Smart ST at least) and provide audible speed and camera warnings. Thumbs Up
TomTom GO
Anquet OS mapping

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: