Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Foreign Speedcams for Sygic
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Foreign Speedcams for Sygic
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Sygic McGuider/Mobile Maps
View previous topic :: View next topic  
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Foreign Speedcams for Sygic Reply with quote

Right then. I went to France and Belgium the other day and was without speedcams showing on a map. I was running CA in the background so was alerted, but without large roaming data charges, had no map on CA. I was running Sygic in the foreground for the maps, but no cams :-(

According to Sygic, the user POI (speedcams) need to be in their respective map folder. This cannot be done with the PGPSW at present as the EU database is not split into countries and if you try to import it into Sygic, it just produces an error message.
I think there is another limitation in so far as you don't seem to be able to load more that eight country's POIs at a one go, but I haven't got enough country split data to confirm this.
How about splitting the Sygic database into countries MaFt? Very Happy Bouncing Thumbs Up Supreme Angel
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If only it were that simple... :/

I'll have a think and see if there's anything that can be done now I've pretty much finished the POI submission map upgrade.

MaFt
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As another Sygic user I would like to add my vote to M8TJT's request.
Copilot for USA
Bury CC9060 bluetooth car kit & Brodit mount
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking the easiest way would be to add the country code (eg FRA, DEU etc) as a column in the download file and create a macro to split them in to countries? To be honest, it's probably easier than creating per-country downloads on the server...

MaFt
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be fine for me MaFt, 'cause I'm a bit of a code monkey in VB. What about doing the country code thing then put them in country order so that folks could manually split them out more easily? What a ball ache that would be though. What I am trying to get at is all the FRA ones together and all the DEU ones together etc.
alab
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please forgive me adding to this Euro speed cam trail, but you guys seem to know all about the Sygic app and adding PGPSW sped cam data.
Having just installed Sygic on my Android phone, my next task was to overwrite the supplied speed cam data with the excellent PGPSW data. But the link for loading instructions points to Sygic’s own web site and instructions for adding personal POIs, not overwriting existing POIs.
I see that there is a file gbr.cam in the folder gbr.ta.2013.06, which is in the Maps folder. Can you confirm that this is the speed cam data? Also, Sygic’s instructions refer to the need to supply an appropriate icon.
Are there any instructions in the PGPSW Forums that detail in step by step instructions, how take the PGPSW csv file and incorporated into the Sygic app? Once I get the hang of the UK speed cam data, I will also be wanting to insert European data for some countries.
For reference it is on a Samsung Galaxy S3 running Android 4.12, and Sygic is version 13.4.1
Many thanks in advance
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here you go. Some notes that I made for myself.
Create a couple of folders on your computer somewhere (say)x:\SygicPGPSWCams\CamsForConversion

Download the converter from the link at the bottom of THIS PAGE

Unzip the files and put the Sygic converter "RUPI Convertor.exe" and its .DLL "dbghelp.dll" into x:\SygicPGPSWCams

1. Download PGPSW file Sygic Aura/UK - Speed Zoned Complete. Unzip both the .csv and the .bmp files into x:\SygicPGPSWCams\CamsForConversion

2.Launch the convertor on your PC from x:\SygicPGPSWCams

3.Click Browse Files to browse to x:\SygicPGPSWCams\CamsForConversion.

4.Select the.csv files that you want to convert (all of them).

5.Run the conversion to convert the files to RUPI format.

6.Delete the.csv files from x:\SygicPGPSWCams\CamsForConversion (to make the selection of the other two file types easier).

7. Copy the *.rupi and *.bmp files directly into Sygic\maps\import folder on phone. If there is no "Import" folder in the "maps" folder, create one

8.Start Sygic. A wizard for import of custom POI will open after launch. (Wizard is a bit of a misnomer. It pops up a message saying something along the lines of "New database found. Do you want to import it? Yes/no)

Unfortunately, it's not possible at the moment to import the PGPSW European cams into Sygic. The reason for this is that the cams have to be imported per country, but the cams are not divided into countries as you may have gathered by reading the previous posts in this thread.

C'mon MaFt, do the business so that Sygic users can use the PGPSW EUR cams.

Edited to correct folder location in para 7 and to add note about wizard to para 8

Last edited by M8TJT on Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M8TJT. Thanks for a great guide. Been a while since I did this and it has changed since last time.

With regards to the Europe maps has anybody tried putting all of them into each individual European map folder you want the to appear on? Or does this still give an error message?
Copilot for USA
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW alab, AFAIK you can't overwrite the Sygic cameras and there is no need to anyway. All you do is disable the Sygic ones so they will not appear, and enable the PGPSW ones so they will appear. You will need to do that twice, once for the map view and once for the warn when near view.
Copilot for USA
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ alab.
Yes I have and it works to a certain extent. As the PGPSW database is not split into countries, I waded through the map looking for a few cams in a few different countries and imported them successfully. As I only did a few countries and a few cams, I'm not sure if the comment I made about an 8 country limit in an earlier post is relevant or not.

It's too hard to split all the cams country-wise without the help of the PGPSW database manager, MaFt.

@PeterC10. I forgot to mention that. Embarassed
alab
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks M8TJT. Great instructions.
Conversion all done and files copied over, but no wizard when I start up Sygic. I will leave it a couple of days until the free trail is exhausted, and try again.
Placed Import folder under gb folder first, and then under Maps to see it it made any difference - it did not.
Will let you know on the 10th.
Regards
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Country code now added as an extra column in the csv file. It uses the UN's 3-letter country code as I think this is easier to 'read' at than the ISO 2-letter code.

Technically the 4th column is for 'address' so this shouldn't cause any problems with the converters. But it should allow you to modify the file to generate your own country-specific files. Perhaps some clever sod can make a macro that will do that?

MaFt
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ta MaFt. I'll have a look at it tomorrow. I suppose that you are accusing me of being 'some clever sod' are you?

@alabYou are correct, the Import folder should be in Sygic\maps not in the GB map folder itself. I have amended the instructions above to reflect this. The "Wizard" thing is a bit of a misnomer. It pops up a message saying something along the lines of "New database found. Do you want to import it? Yes/no

Last edited by M8TJT on Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
Perhaps some clever sod can make a macro that will do that?

MaFt

Many thanks MaFt. I am not clever enough to do the macro I am afraid. But if somebody else is I would be grateful for the file! Wink
Copilot for USA
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After I have finished 'playing' I will post back here ref my success or otherwise. I will of course make the code available to anyone who wants it.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Sygic McGuider/Mobile Maps All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: