Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Unwanted speed warnings
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Unwanted speed warnings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bondi699
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Unwanted speed warnings Reply with quote

Hi
I have the TomTom app for iPhone running on iPhone 4 running IOS 7.0.2. I have installed the pocket gps speed camera ov2 & bmp files in the poi folder, on the app, I then use the pocket gps speed camera app running in the back ground to obtain the alerts and voice warnings. To prevent unwanted alerts from the TomTom, I have disabled the pre-installed TomTom speed cameras alerts from within the TomTom app. Speed camera and speed limit alerts both set to off. However when using the TomTom app I still receive unwanted beep 5 type alerts from the TomTom.
After searching the forums I'm unable to find a solution to my problem.
I have tried to delete the TomTom speed cameras from the app using disc aid but the ability to delete items has been locked down and I receive a message saying permission denied.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
PedroStephano
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check in TT settings that you've not enabled Speed Limit Sounds under alerts. This is separate to the speed camera alerts and is based on speed zones. http://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ba4HuN7IAAEmA-Y.jpg#twimg see?
PedroStephano
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't you hate it when some plonker replies. and suggests trying something you've already done? Sorry.
Reread more carefully. I'd would try deinstall and reinstall. PITA I know, but on reflection I can't think of any other fix, as you've tried all obvious. Shame as it's a big app to do this. Save your favourites to icloud so they appear again :-)
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pedro.
Have you posted in the wrong thread. Your second post seems completely unrelated to the topic. Shocked
bondi699
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pedro
Thanks for the help, all allerts are set to off and I've already deleted and reinstalled the app once with the same result
I will try deleting the app again, would i need to delete from itunes and down load it again. Would Copying and Saving the mapsettings cfg file also save my favourites?
PedroStephano
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

M8TJT wrote:
Pedro.
Have you posted in the wrong thread. Your second post seems completely unrelated to the topic. Shocked

Nope. I misread the article when I first read it, and suggested an action that he'd already patently done. Doh. Hence repost to say "sorry about that" and offer another suggestion. Poster got it ok :-) (and thanks for looking out!)

Poster - don't know about the cdg file I'm sorry. But if your faves are iClouded, they should restore.

PS sorry about late reply. Spam folder got me. Blast it.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: