Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Ash10's Camera Manager Software
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Ash10's Camera Manager Software
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PhilHornby
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Nothing... Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
Nothing's been changed on our side of things.

Hey, after all this time, Camera Manager 3.0 has sprung back into action... all by itself Smile

"Nothing" must have been changed again ... Rolling Eyes

Last edited by PhilHornby on Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Steve148
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Nothing... Reply with quote

PhilHornby wrote:
MaFt wrote:
Nothing's been changed on our side of things.

Hey, after all this time, Camera Manager 3.0 has sprung back into action... all by itself Smile

"Nothing" must have been changed again ... Rolling Eyes

Yeah, me too. Not complaining, happy! Very Happy
westcatford
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you to whoever fixed this.

You don't realise how much you rely on it until it doesn't work as it originally did.

Please may I add a plea that the original author (to whom I DID contribute) or some other clever soul keep this invaluable piece of software up to date and even, possibly, improved?
willton
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: many thanks Ash Reply with quote

What I dont understand is that PGPSW will wash their hands of this and say it is third party software which they dont / wont support. But the 3rd party app is written by someone who is a PGPSW verifier - its not as if its from some totally unrelated and unknown party in another part of the world.

Its great that the problem has been sorted, but it would be good to know what the issue was and how it was resolved, if only to smooth relations between PGPSW and its user base.

Surely there could have been some useful dialogue between PGPSW and ASH10 rather than a public stand off.

This sort of thing does recur with PGPSW, and I am not looking for an argument, but I want to point out that it does not look good. Working in a retail environment - which this is - can often cause people to become very detached from customers after continuous abrasion.
I ask PGPSW to rise above this and reestablish with their customers as friends rather a source of aggravation.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What on earth are you banging on about. I am a verifier, and if I develop some software that is of interest (as several others have done) to PGPSW members, it is nothing directly to do with PGPSW and I would not expect PGPSW to support it if I gave up developing it. I am not in their employ, neither are any of the other verifiers, we do it 'for the good of all' (How sanctimonious does that sound). I don't know the circumstances of Ash10 but let's supposed he has switched allegiance to TomTom, then why on earth should he continue to develop stuff for Garmin devices?
Quote:
its not as if its from some totally unrelated and unknown party
That's exactly what it is.
Garmin produce their own POI loader to do the job for you, so what have you got to complain about.
Quote:
This sort of thing does recur with PGPSW,
Care to be more specific about the other cases?
Rolling Eyes
Quote:
Its great that the problem has been sorted, but it would be good to know what the issue was and how it was resolved
Do Garmin, TomTom and others tell you what went wrong and how they fixed it? And if the problem has been resolved, why make a fuss about it?
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct

PGPSW do not have the source code or the compilers or in depth knowledge to support it.

I'm in the same position. I created my own app to do the same job but to my preferences. It is offered by me, free, and is nothing to do with PGPSW but they kindly host it.
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
willton
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im not suggesting that PGPSW would have the source code etc - all i am saying is that there is a line of communication there. Why not err towards using it rather than having a stand off.

Im not going to respond to the typical and unsurprising aggressive bulldog style retort from M8TJT, where he clearly hasnt bothered to consider what I was saying properly and has simply spewed a load of negative attack at me.
Im not complaining, not making a fuss, not 'banging on', but making a simple request to understand why there is this 'them and us' psychology - which is very clearly displayed by M8TJT and can be found in many of his replies all over these boards.

I expect that chap with the freelander was also subjected to this type of response when he was looking for help to install the database recently.

I rest my case.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

willton wrote:
m not going to respond to the typical and unsurprising aggressive bulldog style retort from M8TJT,
You just did
Quote:
where he clearly hasnt bothered to consider what I was saying properly
I did.
Edit to correct quotes

Last edited by M8TJT on Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
PhilHornby
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: A different approach... Reply with quote

What I would suggest, is that PGPSW define a 'standard' means of uploading / downloading Camera data to/from the site - a published API if you will.

That way, 3rd party apps wouldn't be susceptible to subtle changes to the PGPSW website when exchanging data.
westcatford
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've participated in this thread solely as a 'consumer'; I was significanly inconvenienced when the software failed to work correctly, and I was pitifully grateful when it was fixed.
I therefore have considerable empathy with the constructive suggestions made by Willton. Whether those suggestions are practical or not, I find the content, and particularly the tone, of the responses from M8TJT "unhelpful".
dales
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulB2005 wrote:
mhvideos wrote:
Worked perfectly on XP now since updating to Windows 7 64 bit I cannot get CM to log into my account. The current method did work on XP and I can log into the PGPSW website successfully. Your help would be much appreciated. I am a past donator and will do so again if I can get this to work.

Martin

Right click the exe file before you run it, select Properties and select the Compatibility Tab. Tick the box for XP SP3. Also tick Run As An Administrator.

mhvideos wrote:
Thank you for your suggestion PaulB2005. I have tried that and there is no difference. However I have XP mode in a virtual PC within my Windows 7. I have just tried that and it works.

Martin

Has anybody on Windows 8 had any success in running Ash10?

I can see that I can install a virtual PC and install from my original XP disc, but it seems a little extreme. I don't suppose there's an easier way??

Dales
walkerx
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dales wrote:
Has anybody on Windows 8 had any success in running Ash10?

I can see that I can install a virtual PC and install from my original XP disc, but it seems a little extreme. I don't suppose there's an easier way??

Dales

I've just tested this and it works - had to tell windows to choose best way to run
dales
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent - I've finally taken the plunge and I have now got Ash10 working on Windows 8.1.

I installed VMware player and ran my original XP installer disc.

Dales.
Bluemoon12
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:53 pm    Post subject: changing .gpx file using camera manager Reply with quote

I have downloaded all the .gpx files and easily installed them into volvo XC60 sat nag and all is working but loike many I am disappointed that the alert proximity distance is too close to the camera. I therefore downloaded Camera Manager v3.6 Ash 10 and this updated the files as expected. I changed the Approach warning time to the maximum and new files were generated, this time with the file name had _SC_ inserted into the file name. Now however the satnav fails to recognize the file and states it is corrupt etc. Does anyone have a solution to this or is there another way to increase the alert distance for the .gpx files.
dales
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a user of Ash10 with my own choice of warning times (although in my case I load Ash10's gpx files to my Garmin device using PoiLoader).

All is working fine for me.

Did you download the correct database? I use the CameraManager3 database format.

You could try deleting the "corrupt" files and running Ash10 again.
Or better, force Ash10 to perform a fresh download. R-click the icon, and alter from Garmin to Tomtom and back to Garmin again.

Alternatively you could inspect the gpx files eg in Excel to see if they look corrupt (you may have to change the extension from .gpx to .xml before Excel will read it, as a read-only workbook).

Dales.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77  Next
Page 73 of 77

Jump to: